Thread: Boyscout399 getting major discussion on Police1.com

Banned

Boyscout399 getting major discussion on Police1.com

Video: Armed law student's argument with police goes viral
    A law student – who was apparently visibly toting a gun around town – is seen on a mobile phone video arguing with police

http://www.policeone.com/patrol-issu...ce-goes-viral/

Open-carry viral video: The law student vs. the cop
    I thought Groundhog Day was earlier in the month — I know for certain we’ve seen this movie before

http://www.policeone.com/police-trai...nt-vs-the-cop/

Reading through all the comments is very telling on what many LEOs are thinking.

It's getting major discussion on reddit too. I'm pretty sure it's getting posted there about every 6 hours or so for the last couple of days, most of those on the /r/AmIFreeToGo subreddit.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    It's getting major discussion on reddit too.
    Reddit? 5 and 6 yrs post there

I'm glad it's going viral, but TBH I wish they would link to my original video and not re-upload copies of it with false information about me. The more they post it, the more I'll get them taken down. Link to my original video please if you're going to link it anywhere. It's my video and I want a bit of control of the discussion at the source.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout399 View Post
    I'm glad it's going viral, but TBH I wish they would link to my original video and not re-upload copies of it with false information about me. The more they post it, the more I'll get them taken down. Link to my original video please if you're going to link it anywhere. It's my video and I want a bit of control of the discussion at the source.
    Thanks for the link ! har har har ...

Did someone autotune it or something?

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout399 View Post
    I found your video on Facebook this past week. While researching to further my own knowledge of the Supreme Court decisions that you brought forth, I stumbled upon your original video along with the letter to the Chief Of Police, which I promptly posted. I can't believe the number of people who are saying that you were carrying for the express purpose of harassing the police. I also cannot believe their ignorance when they say that all you needed to do was show the officer your permit. I said that the underlying issue was not the firearm, but the systematic stripping of our liberties, provided us by The Bill Of Rights, by a suppressive gov't intent on controlling every aspect of our lives. It was like talking to a hammer. Upon further surfing, I came to this site and decided to register so I could tell you.
    Last edited by Slick Rick; 03-03-2013 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Needed to add dialog

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
    I found your video on Facebook this past week. While researching to further my own knowledge of the Supreme Court decisions that you brought forth, I stumbled upon your original video along with the letter to the Chief Of Police, which I promptly posted. I can't believe the number of people who are saying that you were carrying for the express purpose of harassing the police. I also cannot believe their ignorance when they say that all you needed to do was show the officer your permit. I said that the underlying issue was not the firearm, but the systematic stripping of our liberties, provided us by The Bill Of Rights, by a suppressive gov't intent on controlling every aspect of our lives. It was like talking to a hammer. Upon further surfing, I came to this site and decided to register so I could tell you.
    Thanks for your support

We have open carry here in Delaware also, but there is an additional law that you cannot do anything to cause panic.
    It's a Catch-22 situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
    We have open carry here in Delaware also, but there is an additional law that you cannot do anything to cause panic.
    It's a Catch-22 situation.
    Do you happen to have a link/citation to the "can't cause panic" part of Delaware's laws?
    I should note that there is a major difference between "cause panic" and "warrants panic."

I can be deathly afraid of people wearing yellow polka dot shirts and my seeing one will cause me to panic, but people wearing yellow polka dot shirts do not warrant panic.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 03-04-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Re: Boyscout399 getting major discussion on Police1.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Do you happen to have a link/citation to the "can't cause panic" part of Delaware's laws?
    I should note that there is a major difference between "cause panic" and "warrants panic."

I can be deathly afraid of people wearing yellow polka dot shirts and my seeing one will cause me to panic, but people wearing yellow polka dot shirts do not warrant panic.
    Also I believe we have had court cases where the opinion of the court stated that the bearing of a firearm in and of itself is not sufficient PC for those types of laws... brandishing, inciting panic, disorderly, etc etc.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Re: Boyscout399 getting major discussion on Police1.com

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    It's getting major discussion on reddit too. I'm pretty sure it's getting posted there about every 6 hours or so for the last couple of days, most of those on the /r/AmIFreeToGo subreddit.
    I am a moderator for that sub, everyone here should come check it out. I try to link that sub whenever a relevant discussin pops up elsewhere on reddit. We need to educate the general populace on their Rights and what authority the cops do and do not have and that sub can provide a good tool to do so.

Also we just recently revived the once dead /r/opencary sub too.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Slick Rick

We have open carry here in Delaware also, but there is an additional law that you cannot do anything to cause panic. It's a Catch-22 situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post

I'm waiting for that cite too.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.