Thread: Michigan Open Carry, Inc. - CPL Training Fundraiser for Legal Fund in Taylor

Michigan Open Carry, Inc. - CPL Training Fundraiser for Legal Fund in Taylor

Register Here
    Live in the greater Detroit area? Looking for training in order to get your Michigan Concealed Pistol License (CPL)? Know someone looking for CPL training?

Look no further!

While you get your training, you'll be benefiting Michigan Open Carry, Inc's legal fund. A generous portion of the proceeds from this class will go towards helping us fight our Michigan Supreme Court Case (Capital Area District Library v. Michigan Open Carry, Inc.). With our victory in the Michigan Court of Appeals, the case is presently in our favor. This CPL class will help us raise funds to defend our victory as the case goes before the Michigan Supreme Court. At the same time you get your CPL training -- what a deal!

You get to help preserve and advance rights for firearm owners in Michigan while you get firearm training.

Early Bird Registration available before March 30 @ 11:55 PM (to those who pay in full)

Course Instructor: Randy Davis
    Date: April 20, 2013 @ 9:00 AM
    14100 Pardee Road
    Taylor, MI 48180

Cost:
    • Early Bird Registration (Paid in Full) - $100
    • Regular Registration (Paid in Full) - $105
    • Minimum Deposit/Reservation - $25 (Balance due at start of class payable in Credit Card or Cash only)

All Sales end 3 days before the class
    Register Here
    Last edited by TheQ; 03-05-2013 at 08:01 PM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Re: Michigan Open Carry, Inc. - CPL Training Fundraiser for Legal Fund in Taylor

Great idea. Great guy teaching this class. Who's doing the legal portion?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Great idea. Great guy teaching this class. Who's doing the legal portion?
    Getting confirmation on MPearce.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Re: Michigan Open Carry, Inc. - CPL Training Fundraiser for Legal Fund in Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Getting confirmation on MPearce.
    Wow! This is an outstanding deal! I may be sending a couple of family members if their schedules allow it. Well done MOC!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Wow! This is an outstanding deal! I may be sending a couple of family members if their schedules allow it. Well done MOC!
    MPearce is confirmed for the class.

We'd appreciate that!

My wife attended the last one and it was an excellent class. I'll try and recruit some people for this one too.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

We had some booking confusion with the venue and the OP has been updated with a new date.

Michigan Open Carry, Inc. - CPL Training Fundraiser for Legal Fund in Taylor

The response for this event so far has been -- lackluster. We'd appreciate it if you told your friends and family about it.

will that instructor actually train for under 21?all of them in Lansing area i and others have contacted, they all refuse to take those under 21.cuz id really like to take it and then some additional classes that require the training(but not the permit itself) before applying this summer...
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

I am told if you bring some "targ" the instructor will possibly show you how a Klingon disruptor works too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1364918609188.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	10190  

Nm
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 04-02-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Only a week before the class so there is still some time to register for it.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

CPL class had 7 people show up. One no show. All in all a good day, good students, and the lesson plan ran right on schedule. Thanks to Mellisa Pearce for coming to it, her portion was spot on.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/