Thread: Md. Senate Passes Gun Control Measure 28-19 OR 'How stupid can a legislative body get

Md. Senate Passes Gun Control Measure 28-19 OR 'How stupid can a legislative body get

Just when you thought you have seen it all, here comes Maryland. I am 64 and retired NAVY but recently became a "defensive weapon" owner within the last (5) years so I am not up to speed on all the ins and outs of the "assault weapon" ban/reversal of 1994. i have read a lot in the last year and am "fairly" knowledeable about most types of weapons.

BUT, today I learned about "assault pistols" and I am befuddled. From MD's proposal here is what they call "assault pistols"

29 (C) [In this subtitle, “assault] “ASSAULT pistol” means any of the following
    30 firearms [or a copy regardless of the producer or manufacturer]:
    SENATE BILL 623 3
    (1) AA Arms AP–9 semiautomatic pistol; 1
    (2) Bushmaster semiautomatic pistol; 2
    (3) Claridge HI–TEC semiautomatic pistol; 3
    (4) D Max Industries semiautomatic pistol; 4
    (5) Encom MK–IV, MP–9, or MP–45 semiautomatic pistol; 5
    (6) Heckler and Koch semiautomatic SP–89 pistol; 6
    (7) Holmes MP–83 semiautomatic pistol; 7
    (8) Ingram MAC 10/11 semiautomatic pistol and variations including 8 the Partisan Avenger and the SWD Cobray; 9
    (9) Intratec TEC–9/DC–9 semiautomatic pistol in any centerfire 10 variation; 11
    (10) P.A.W.S. type semiautomatic pistol; 12
    (11) Skorpion semiautomatic pistol; 13
    (12) Spectre double action semiautomatic pistol (Sile, F.I.E., Mitchell); 14
    (13) UZI semiautomatic pistol; 15
    (14) Weaver Arms semiautomatic Nighthawk pistol; or 16
    (15) Wilkinson semiautomatic “

Educate me. Have any of you heard the term "assault pistols" ? That being said, if this passes, MD will have the most restrictive gun laws surpassing even DC, CA and NY. Having lived in PA for 20 years (home state) after (28) years in the NAVY I can say without any fear of being proven wrong that the closer you get to D.C. or NYC the more incredibly stupid the politicians get. Mayor Bloomberg/Governor Cuomo.

Need I say more. Here is the link.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/bills/sb/sb0623f.pdf

NAVYBLUE

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    True antis particularly fear those scary looking, black, semi-auto pistols that go bang when you squeeze the trigger - they'd like to ban them all as portable assault devices......no matter what the length, shape or color.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

NavyBlue, think about movies, and the guns you see steroetypical gang members using. in the movies they are usually full auto guns, but there are also semi-auto versions of all of those guns, and this list of "assault pistols" is basically a list of all the semi auto versions of those guns.

uzi, mac-10, tech-9 are pretty commonly known. you can do a google images search of any of the above named guns to see what they are (www.google.com, click 'images', type the name in the search box and hit enter, viola)
    and in that list you also see Bushmaster semi-auto pistol. thats basically a pistol form of an AR. actually, it's pretty much identical to an AR but a large portion of the barrel is cut off.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.” ~Thomas Jefferson
    www.CTCarry.com

Banned
    Well, you have been sitting on your hands .... now you have just learned something: they only want you to have .22 cal. weapons.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Well, you have been sitting on your hands .... now you have just learned something: they only want you to have .22 cal. weapons.

The typical AR is a .22 cal.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by NAVYBLUE View Post
    Just when you thought you have seen it all, here comes Maryland. I am 64 and retired NAVY but recently became a "defensive weapon" owner within the last (5) years so I am not up to speed on all the ins and outs of the "assault weapon" ban/reversal of 1994. i have read a lot in the last year and am "fairly" knowledeable about most types of weapons.

BUT, today I learned about "assault pistols" and I am befuddled. From MD's proposal here is what they call "assault pistols"

29 (C) [In this subtitle, “assault] “ASSAULT pistol” means any of the following
    30 firearms [or a copy regardless of the producer or manufacturer]:
    SENATE BILL 623 3
    (1) AA Arms AP–9 semiautomatic pistol; 1
    (2) Bushmaster semiautomatic pistol; 2
    (3) Claridge HI–TEC semiautomatic pistol; 3
    (4) D Max Industries semiautomatic pistol; 4
    (5) Encom MK–IV, MP–9, or MP–45 semiautomatic pistol; 5
    (6) Heckler and Koch semiautomatic SP–89 pistol; 6
    (7) Holmes MP–83 semiautomatic pistol; 7
    (8) Ingram MAC 10/11 semiautomatic pistol and variations including 8 the Partisan Avenger and the SWD Cobray; 9
    (9) Intratec TEC–9/DC–9 semiautomatic pistol in any centerfire 10 variation; 11
    (10) P.A.W.S. type semiautomatic pistol; 12
    (11) Skorpion semiautomatic pistol; 13
    (12) Spectre double action semiautomatic pistol (Sile, F.I.E., Mitchell); 14
    (13) UZI semiautomatic pistol; 15
    (14) Weaver Arms semiautomatic Nighthawk pistol; or 16
    (15) Wilkinson semiautomatic “

Educate me. Have any of you heard the term "assault pistols" ? That being said, if this passes, MD will have the most restrictive gun laws surpassing even DC, CA and NY. Having lived in PA for 20 years (home state) after (28) years in the NAVY I can say without any fear of being proven wrong that the closer you get to D.C. or NYC the more incredibly stupid the politicians get. Mayor Bloomberg/Governor Cuomo.

Need I say more. Here is the link.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/bills/sb/sb0623f.pdf

NAVYBLUE
    No, but I have heard an extremely ignorant senator refer to "assault magazines". [Feinstein]

"I can say without any fear of being proven wrong that the closer you get to D.C. or NYC the more incredibly stupid the politicians get."
    Unless you live in Virginia, this is probably true. The Potomac River is more than just a geographical divide between sanity and outright craziness. The difference between Maryland and Virginia is night and day when it comes to firearms and their carry and use.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Banned
    It is the whole corridor from Boston to DC, you know, along I-95.

Um...forget I said that.

Now this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. Making up assault everything now aren't we? lol. Who ever keeps filling that koolaid they are drinking is a brilliant person.

Quote Originally Posted by MP_4_Life View Post
    Now this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. Making up assault everything now aren't we? lol. Who ever keeps filling that koolaid they are drinking is a brilliant person.
    How's this for most ridiculous? A 7 year old was SUSPENDED from school because while eating a pastry during snack time, while he was eating it, the shape turned into that of a handgun? He should have hurried and eaten it, then yelled "Where is the evidence"?
    I followed a link from this site today and will have to try and post it here IF I can find it again.
    Crazy cant be stopped with gun registration or control. These guys will continue until Americans admit we have a real mental health and crime issue in this country. Go after the gangs full force and keep the crazies off the streets, and leave me and my gun alone.

Frederick Douglass said, “A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Crazy cant be stopped with gun registration or control. These guys will continue until Americans admit we have a real mental health and crime issue in this country. Go after the gangs full force and keep the crazies off the streets, and leave me and my gun alone.

Frederick Douglass said, “A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Quote Originally Posted by MP_4_Life View Post
    Terms coined by 'assault politicians.' They (the politicians) should be confiscated and banned.

DiFi's assault mouth and Bloomberg's assault superpac come to mind.

And you can add Maryland to the list of states not getting my $.