Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Gun Control Summit

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    524

    Gun Control Summit

    I plan to be there. You are all invited.

    http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/gun-control-summit/

    Ken

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    21
    Don't think I'll be in town then, but if I am count me in.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    60
    Might be able to make it down there. Any idea if we will be allowed to OC in there?
    Crazy cant be stopped with gun registration or control. These guys will continue until Americans admit we have a real mental health and crime issue in this country. Go after the gangs full force and keep the crazies off the streets, and leave me and my gun alone.

    Frederick Douglass said, ďA manís rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    Care to bet that the "gun store owner" they're going to let you "hear from" answers to the name of Bob . . ?

  5. #5
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    Care to bet that the "gun store owner" they're going to let you "hear from" answers to the name of Bob . . ?
    Ya thunk?
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    Care to bet that the "gun store owner" they're going to let you "hear from" answers to the name of Bob . . ?
    Here' hoping it's more than just him. They do say owners in the ad, hinting at hopefully more than one.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    927
    Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    Care to bet that the "gun store owner" they're going to let you "hear from" answers to the name of Bob . . ?
    Yeah, perhaps. But he will NOT be speaking on behalf of NVFAC.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by varminter22 View Post
    Yeah, perhaps. But he will NOT be speaking on behalf of NVFAC.
    Will someone be there that is?

    Ken

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by elga View Post
    Here' hoping it's more than just him. They do say owners in the ad, hinting at hopefully more than one.
    They might just be counting both faces.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    927
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyKen View Post
    Will someone be there that is?

    Ken
    I believe so.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by varminter22 View Post
    I believe so.
    Good!! Any chance you will be there?

    Ken

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    927
    Would love to atttend. But I doubt it. I was just down there for the NVFAC meeting last weekend. Time and $$$ will probably prevent me from going again so soon.

    I do think NVFAC will be represented there.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    LV
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmeierholtz View Post
    Might be able to make it down there. Any idea if we will be allowed to OC in there?
    im not sure but ill be OC'ing if i can leave work early.

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    I was halfway through my E-mail to see what I could do in attending/participating, when I checked the dates. I will be in Florida for Daytona Bike Week. Sorry, gents; try to have some fun. I won't be thinking about you...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    53
    It might be a good idea to include the date in the title 3/14/13. It is at 3pm SuperMex Durango and Sunset.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    22
    I'll definitely be there. If anyone needs sign materials/a ride/anything else let me know.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    524
    This Thursday!

    Day after tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyKen View Post
    I plan to be there. You are all invited.

    http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/gun-control-summit/

    Ken

  18. #18
    Regular Member MaxPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    64
    Unless I get some unexpected work orders, I am planning on being there. I'll be making this my first open carry experience somewhere other than a gun store/range and around my neighborhood. I figure I'll get some moral support from you folks to help me shake off the jitters.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    524

    Thank You!

    Thank you to all who were there.

    Kevin Wall did a great job as host and keeping the radio show going. I have a new and much greater appreciation of the skill it takes to do a broadcast like that.

    Dan Schott and Bob Irwin (I know) both did a fine job supporting the pro position and I suspect Kevin was not surprised that the other side's representatives were less then convincing.

    There were about 50 good folks in the live audience and I hope some of you (Nevada Shooter was there) were in the crowd.

    No one from The Nevada Firearms Coalition participated. I guess I was disappointed but not surprised. When I asked Bob Irwin, after the show ended, where they were he told me that Randy Mackie had been there but had not spoken and that the NVFAC was too busy with all the legislative stuff to be a part of this. Too bad, but not surprising.

    Over all I thought it was a very good radio show and a very interesting afternoon.

    Ken

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    927
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyKen View Post
    Thank you to all who were there.

    Kevin Wall did a great job as host and keeping the radio show going. I have a new and much greater appreciation of the skill it takes to do a broadcast like that.

    Dan Schott and Bob Irwin (I know) both did a fine job supporting the pro position and I suspect Kevin was not surprised that the other side's representatives were less then convincing.

    There were about 50 good folks in the live audience and I hope some of you (Nevada Shooter was there) were in the crowd.

    No one from The Nevada Firearms Coalition participated. I guess I was disappointed but not surprised. When I asked Bob Irwin, after the show ended, where they were he told me that Randy Mackie had been there but had not spoken and that the NVFAC was too busy with all the legislative stuff to be a part of this. Too bad, but not surprising.

    Over all I thought it was a very good radio show and a very interesting afternoon.

    Ken
    Thanks, Ken.

    I too wish NVFAC could have been there.

    But please don't be too hard on them.

    NVFAC is super busy right now with legislative action.

    The SB-221 hearing went about four hours long yesterday.

    And preparing for the Sen Jud Cmte "Informational Hearing on Gun Violence" today. See more about that here:
    http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=39476
    and here:
    http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=39493

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    927
    In fact, NVFAC's VP Legislative Division, Randy Mackie, WAS THERE representing NVFAC.

    I learned he was NOT ALLOWED to speak. Apparently ONLY the invited panel was allowed to speak. This in spite of the fact NVFAC contacted the show well prior, but was not invited nor allowed to speak.

    I have no idea why Bob Irwin would tell you that. (Bear in mind he did resign.)

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by varminter22 View Post
    In fact, NVFAC's VP Legislative Division, Randy Mackie, WAS THERE representing NVFAC.

    I learned he was NOT ALLOWED to speak. Apparently ONLY the invited panel was allowed to speak. This in spite of the fact NVFAC contacted the show well prior, but was not invited nor allowed to speak.

    I have no idea why Bob Irwin would tell you that. (Bear in mind he did resign.)
    I have no idea why either. There was an open mic for the audience (many folks came and asked questions or had their say). Why didn't he stand up to the public comment microphone and say his piece?

    More importantly will you, or the NVFAC, be able to stop SB369? Maybe I should start a new thread on this.

    Ken

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    927
    That I can't answer. Ask him.

    I do think that with enough citizen input we can defeat SB-396. We must work in concert and DEFEAT SB-396.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyKen View Post
    I have no idea why either. There was an open mic for the audience (many folks came and asked questions or had their say). Why didn't he stand up to the public comment microphone and say his piece?

    More importantly will you, or the NVFAC, be able to stop SB369?
    Maybe I should start a new thread on this.

    Ken
    That is an unknown.

    If No One speaks against it, there isn't much chance to stop it. EVERYONE should be speaking against it. The NVFAC, the NRA, the GOA, etc; AND each of us, including you, Ken.


    Whether any of that effort will 'be able to stop SB369' remains to be seen. Working against it, alone or as a group, is no guarantee. Failure to work against it, alone or as a group, makes its defeat less likely.
    Last edited by wrightme; 03-20-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by varminter22 View Post
    In fact, NVFAC's VP Legislative Division, Randy Mackie, WAS THERE representing NVFAC.

    I learned he was NOT ALLOWED to speak. Apparently ONLY the invited panel was allowed to speak.
    A), unless he does something, he's not "representing" ANYBODY.

    B), unless he was chained to his chair, he had the same opportunity to speak that several of us were able to use, to counter the lies of the teleconferenced guests.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •