• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Control Summit

elga

Care to bet that the "gun store owner" they're going to let you "hear from" answers to the name of Bob . . ?

Here' hoping it's more than just him. They do say owners in the ad, hinting at hopefully more than one.

varminter22

Would love to atttend. But I doubt it. I was just down there for the NVFAC meeting last weekend. Time and $$$ will probably prevent me from going again so soon.

I do think NVFAC will be represented there.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I was halfway through my E-mail to see what I could do in attending/participating, when I checked the dates. I will be in Florida for Daytona Bike Week. Sorry, gents; try to have some fun. I won't be thinking about you...

drdcup

It might be a good idea to include the date in the title 3/14/13. It is at 3pm SuperMex Durango and Sunset.

MaxPower

Unless I get some unexpected work orders, I am planning on being there. I'll be making this my first open carry experience somewhere other than a gun store/range and around my neighborhood. I figure I'll get some moral support from you folks to help me shake off the jitters.

CowboyKen

Thank You!

Thank you to all who were there.

Kevin Wall did a great job as host and keeping the radio show going. I have a new and much greater appreciation of the skill it takes to do a broadcast like that.

Dan Schott and Bob Irwin (I know) both did a fine job supporting the pro position and I suspect Kevin was not surprised that the other side's representatives were less then convincing.

There were about 50 good folks in the live audience and I hope some of you (Nevada Shooter was there) were in the crowd.

No one from The Nevada Firearms Coalition participated. I guess I was disappointed but not surprised. When I asked Bob Irwin, after the show ended, where they were he told me that Randy Mackie had been there but had not spoken and that the NVFAC was too busy with all the legislative stuff to be a part of this. Too bad, but not surprising.

Over all I thought it was a very good radio show and a very interesting afternoon.

Ken

varminter22

Thank you to all who were there.

Kevin Wall did a great job as host and keeping the radio show going. I have a new and much greater appreciation of the skill it takes to do a broadcast like that.

Dan Schott and Bob Irwin (I know) both did a fine job supporting the pro position and I suspect Kevin was not surprised that the other side's representatives were less then convincing.

There were about 50 good folks in the live audience and I hope some of you (Nevada Shooter was there) were in the crowd.

No one from The Nevada Firearms Coalition participated. I guess I was disappointed but not surprised. When I asked Bob Irwin, after the show ended, where they were he told me that Randy Mackie had been there but had not spoken and that the NVFAC was too busy with all the legislative stuff to be a part of this. Too bad, but not surprising.

Over all I thought it was a very good radio show and a very interesting afternoon.

Ken

Thanks, Ken.

I too wish NVFAC could have been there.

But please don't be too hard on them.

NVFAC is super busy right now with legislative action.

The SB-221 hearing went about four hours long yesterday.

And preparing for the Sen Jud Cmte "Informational Hearing on Gun Violence" today. See more about that here:
http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=39476
and here:
http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=39493