• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blue Ridge Holsters

Hotrodvw

New kydex EDC (Every Day Carry) Holster from BRH. This is custom made, as all of their holsters are custom. The EDC's are about $52, which is pretty damn reasonable IMO. This is for my XDm .40, 3.8". What I like about this style is it hugs closer to my hip than most OWB holsters. Nice quality piece, fast turn around and very nice folks there.

20130219_190328.jpg

20130219_190343.jpg

20130219_190907.jpg

Eric

FreeInAZ

http://www.blueridgeholsters.com/

Looks look a good holster maker. Disclaimer * I am not affiliated with BMH in any way. I hope they offer kits for their OWB holsters that allow those of us who wear gun/duty belts (2" wide) to use them by switching out the 1.75" loops that come standard.;)

It would also be cool if they offered thumb-break kits too. I know the best retention is a mindful OCer, but I like having a little extra help should I have to go into a crowded setting with lots of people. I use forearm placement retention combined with situational awareness etc.. but again, it is always better to have level II retention & not need it vs. need it & not have it. :eek: Friction holsters are cool for CC & rural OC but urban OC is a beast of a different nature.

Hotrodvw

http://www.blueridgeholsters.com/

Looks look a good holster maker. Disclaimer * I am not affiliated with BMH in any way. I hope they offer kits for their OWB holsters that allow those of us who wear gun/duty belts (2" wide) to use them by switching out the 1.75" loops that come standard.;)

It would also be cool if they offered thumb-break kits too. I know the best retention is a mindful OCer, but I like having a little extra help should I have to go into a crowded setting with lots of people. I use forearm placement retention combined with situational awareness etc.. but again, it is always better to have level II retention & not need it vs. need it & not have it. :eek: Friction holsters are cool for CC & rural OC but urban OC is a beast of a different nature.

Yes, they do offset the option for 2" belt loops, Mine are 1.75" loops. I currently have a request for a retention device.... but none are offered as of now that I am aware of. I am not affiliated with BRH, simply a customer.