Thread: Call to action

Call to action

Phase #1 - (There will be more calls very soon) Time is running out.

It is time to push for a hearing on HB420 by Representative Curtman.
    This bill has been assigned to General Laws in the Missouri House which is chaired by Representative Caleb Jones District 50.
    Address: MO House of Representatives
    201 West Capitol Avenue
    Room 233A
    Jefferson City MO 65101
    Legislative Assistant: Sherri Kempf
    Phone: 573-751-2134
    E-Mail: Caleb.Jones@house.mo.gov

Call, write, email and tell Mr. Jones we want a hearing on this bill to return a right to the people of the State of Missouri which the legislature took from us in 1985. We eant our 2nd amendment rights back!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

email sent and paper letter signed and stamped.

monday his phone will ring.
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Tentatively to be heard March 12 is the preemption bill for OC in Missouri!
    This is some thing I have personally have been working on for three years.
    If there was ever the most important reason to call in sick, take a vacation day or go AWOL from work or school this is it!
    This bill removes "Municipal" prohibition for OC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SB 268 Repeals authority for political subdivisions to regulate open carrying of firearms and requires certain local ordinances incorporate statutory justifications

Sponsor: Nieves

LR Number: 1331S.01I Fiscal Note not available
    Committee:
    Last Action: 2/6/2013 - S First Read--SB 268-Nieves Journal Page:
    Title: Calendar Position: 58
    Effective Date: August 28, 2013

Full Bill Text
    | All Actions
    | Amendments/CCRs/CCSs
    | Available Summaries
    | Senate Home Page
    | List of 2013 Senate Bills

Current Bill Summary

SB 268 - Under current law, political subdivisions may enact ordinances regulating the open carrying of firearms. This act removes that authority so political subdivisions may not regulate the open carrying of firearms.
    This act also requires that local ordinances regulating the discharge of firearms incorporate justification defenses provided by statute, which include self defense, defense of others, and defense of property.
    MEGHAN LUECKE
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    Tentatively to be heard March 12 is the preemption bill for OC in Missouri!

Truncated
    Awesome news! Do we know which committee is going to be hearing it yet?
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

The bill was referred to the Senate General Laws Committee.

Quote Originally Posted by WCEarp View Post
    The bill was referred to the Senate General Laws Committee.
    Good to know. Who heads up that one?
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Oramac View Post
    Good to know. Who heads up that one?
    General Laws is Chaired By senator Nieves who sposored the bill.

Also I'll repost this:
    l'll try to address both of the above.

The hearings are held in the Missouri State Capitol in Jefferson City.
    The buildinjg is very easy to find, parking though can be tough. The easiest parking is two blocks to the north east in the public garage.
    The eharings for the Senate are held in Senate hearing room #1 at 3:00PM.
    Don't be late!
    They may hear more than 1 bill, unknown at this time.
    They only have from 3:00 till 5:00 for the hearing, then the senate goes back into session.
    The chairman, Senator Nieves will ask for a show of hands so he can break down the time available for each speaker., you probably will only get 3 minutes.
    On the table in the front of the room are "witness forms". for anyone wishing to speak, they are simple, just asking for your name, address, the bill # you wish to speak on and whether you are speaking in favor or against. Fill it out early and just leave it on the table.
    The senator who sponsors the bill will speak first and field questions. Those in favor will speak next, those opposed next and those with information only last.
    Once you speak YOU CANNOT SPEAK AGAIN!
    Once everyone is done the sposoring legislator will once again be available to answer questions. The environment is generally NOT intimidating.
    Yes, you can just say "I support this bill", you may want to ad why briefly and you can read froma "speech", but you present better if you just look at the senators and speak. You are not obligated to use the entire time allowed.
    Be sure you know the bill # you are speaking on. The preemption bill we want passed is SB268 by Nieves. There may be other bills, but usually no more than 3 at these hearings.