• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AZ:Opportunity for Cheap Guns, Phoenix turn in events in May 2013

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton has announced that he will be arranging a gun turn in for every Saturday during the month of May. Locations have yet to be announced, or what will be used as incentives for the turn ins.

Called by the propaganda term “buy back” the programs insinuate that all firearms belong to the government, when in fact the guns were never owned by the government.

This is a prime opportunity for Constitutionalists to have fun and the possibility of picking up some decent guns for very good prices. It appears that Mayor Stanton has $100,000 to play with, donated by Arizonans for Gun Safety, a citizens disarmament group. No one is saying where the money came from, except that it was an anonymous donor.

It is easy to understand why a donor would not want their name associated with such foolishness.

If the Mayor is smart, he will follow the example of Falmouth Maine, where the guns gathered were sold, and the proceeds were given to the special Olympics.

The practice of appearing at these events has caught fire this year, with numerous activists showing up and obtaining nice firearms for good prices:

Link NM:More than 300 guns sold at sheriff buy back event(and private sales!)

Link PA:Gun Buyback Met With Competition In Bensalem.

Outside, a group of gun advocates set up a table offering a better price to people carrying high-quality weapons.

Link Second Gun Buyback Nets 42 Weapons

Also in front of the church were people offering to buy the guns off of people before they reached the buyback event.

Link ANGRY WHITE DUDE ATTENDS GUN BUYBACK COUNTER EVENT IN DALLAS

Link NM: City’s gun buy-back program nets hundreds of weapons

Outside the police station, a group of four or five men gathered to offer cash to people who were bringing guns in.

Link Gun buyback in Cincinnati collects 135 weapons

The Cincinnati Enquirer (http://cin.ci/W41mWY ) reports that a federally licensed gun dealer showed up to provide some competition. He bought a dozen weapons for $40 to $100 by standing outside the church with a sign that read “Cash 4 Guns.”

Link Several good deals made at Lansing Gun Turn in

Link MI:100+ Guns Turned in for Gun Buyback

Just outside where the buyback program was being held pro gun activists were offering cash for guns.

Link NM:police harass legal buyers at Santa Fe Gun Turn In

Link Seattle has gun Turn in, Private buyers save guns

Link Tucson Gun Turn in - First Hand Account

Link AZ:Former Senator Offers Better Alternative to Gun Turn In

Link A Reader Reports from the Hartford CT Gun Buyback

Link Cleveland Gun Buyback Program Attracts Buyers Offering Cash for Guns (VIDEO) (OH)

Link The Detroit PD Doesn’t Like Competition(MI)

Link Gun-buying enthusiasts crash firearms ‘turn-in’ event at Memorial Coliseum(OR)

©2013 by Dean Weingarten Permission to share granted as long as this notice is included.

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2013/03/azopportunity-for-cheap-guns-phoenix.html

eye95

When is Dayton going to have a "buy back"? I want to inexpensively "buy back" some guns that were never mine.

Is there a website dedicated to providing competition at these "buy backs"? If not, is there an enterprising soul out there with too much time on his hands and a few computer skills to set one up? Some folks could make a fun living traveling around the countryside buying firearms at fire sale prices and then selling them to others or to FFLs at nice profits.

MoneyForGuns.org is available. It sounds like a nice bleeding-heart get-the-guns-off-of-our-streets-and-save-our-children kind of name. Heh heh heh.

Last edited:

ccwinstructor

Centurion
I post all I can find on Gun Watch

When is Dayton going to have a "buy back"? I want to inexpensively "buy back" some guns that were never mine.

Is there a website dedicated to providing competition at these "buy backs"? If not, is there an enterprising soul out there with too much time on his hands and a few computer skills to set one up? Some folks could make a fun living traveling around the countryside buying firearms at fire sale prices and then selling them to others or to FFLs at nice profits.

MoneyForGuns.org is available. It sounds like a nice bleeding-heart get-the-guns-off-of-our-streets-and-save-our-children kind of name. Heh heh heh.

I post all I can find on Gun Watch:

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/

davidmcbeth

Banned
call him up and asks if he'll give $$ for every bomb, chemical device, or biological agent device that gets turned it ...

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I am glad it went well and a few weapons were rescued. We had one in seattle and the weapon purchasers all had a good time. This should happen every time they have a weapon confiscation. "Save the (parker) Hales!!"