• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"places of worship" carry

LeviR

As I understand it, concealed carry is illegal in "places of worship" in Kansas. Is that the case for open carry as well or do they have to post a sign on the door?

Thanks!

marine0300

Carry in churches is completely legal for licensed concealed carry per HB 2528. As long as the church is not posted. Open carry is legal as well.

Posting of certain properties
-The requirements for “no concealed carry” signage also changed with the passage of HB 2528. In order to bring charges of unlawful concealed carry against a licensee, those properties previously enumerated under
K.S.A. 75-7c10 (schools, bars, churches, school & professional athletic events, churches, etc.) must now be posted. One exception to this is the provision regarding carrying in or on areas prohibited by Federal law; these areas are under no obligation to post their properties.
-Also changed with HB 2528, business owners (both public and private) may continue to post their buildings to restrict the concealed carry of firearms, but parking lots are no longer allowed to be posted.
-Cities and counties may continue to post their buildings, but parks, greenways, etc., are no longer allowed to be posted.
-Employers, both public and private, may continue to restrict a licensed employee’s ability to carry concealed while they are performing the duties of their employ, but licensed employees are allowed to store their firearm in their private means of conveyance, even if parked on company property.