Thread: List local Iowa business's that ban CCW?

List local Iowa business's that ban CCW?

What does everyone think? Should we start posting a list like some of the other states, of business's that do not allow citizens to lawfully CCW?
    I know of several here in Dubuque that don't (get incensed with you too if you ask about it).

I think it'd be a good way, to start showing business's that do not allow us our lawful right, that we can and will deny them our business.

Nice start :-)

In Dubuque, the following locations do not allow CCW on their property:
    Mindframe Theater
    AMC Theater
    US Bank
    The Roshek building.

Of the above, only US Bank and The Roshek building are posted at the entrances.

The only place I have been asked to leave is the Childrens museum in Coralville. After doing some research, the Museum is a state run facility, and preventing firearms in that location is a violation of IC 724.28. However, seeing as it is "inside" the mall, the mall policy stands. Be warned, there are no signs on any door stating that CCW is banned in the mall. An they refuse to place them.

Another good thing to do, if you run across one of these establishments, is to send them a note letting them know they have been placed on this list, with a link to the page. I know a couple businesses in Michigan that changed their policy due to some much needed public shaming.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Great River Medical Center in W. Burlington has signs on their doors. That will stop the criminal element in its tracks for certain. lol

The Casey's General store in Le Mars. I went there once to pick up a pizza I ordered for my family and as soon as I entered the store I was met with an aggressive manager who told me no guns allowed in the store. So I ask him why doesn't he want armed law abiding citizen in the store? He said " Because its my decision now take your gun and get the F*** out of Casey's before I call the cops!" I said nothing and just left before it escalated further he was getting pretty upset.

That happened a year ago and I haven't been back there since that incident.
    Last edited by Not A Victim; 03-31-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Victim View Post
    The Casey's General store in Le Mars. I went there once to pick up a pizza I ordered for my family and as soon as I entered the store I was met with an aggressive manager who told me no guns allowed in the store. So I ask him why doesn't he want armed law abiding citizen in the store? He said " Because its my decision now take your gun and get the F*** out of Casey's before I call the cops!" I said nothing and just left before it escalated further he was getting pretty upset.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
    I'm sure the manager didn't even realize the irony and hypocrisy.

Casey's Corporate follows state law. Make sure to let them know this happened.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Activist Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    Casey's Corporate follows state law. Make sure to let them know this happened.
    Why don't we all do this? There's only one Casey's General Store in Le Mars. It's much more likely to be taken seriously and get corrected if Corporate gets a ton of emails about it compared to just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow62988 View Post
    Why don't we all do this? There's only one Casey's General Store in Le Mars. It's much more likely to be taken seriously and get corrected if Corporate gets a ton of emails about it compared to just one.
    Not a bad idea. Message sent.

Activist Member
    ^+1

I got a reply asking which store it was at, but that's it so far.
    Last edited by Darkshadow62988; 04-04-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Activist Member

Do you have a date and time for when that event happened? Their district manager called me today and asked me if I could give them any more details about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow62988 View Post
    Do you have a date and time for when that event happened? Their district manager called me today and asked me if I could give them any more details about it.
    The managers name who told me to leave the Casey's store is Frank, and he still works their. I see him going in and out of the Casey's store from time to time when I drive by.The date was March 2012, not sure the exact time but it was around noon. I was not aware at the time Casey's had a code of conduct that required its employee's to comply with all state laws. So I just left it alone and never returned to give them any business. However now that I know that they are required to comply with all state laws I'll probably return their once while I'm out open carrying and see if he says anything this time.
    Last edited by Not A Victim; 04-08-2013 at 06:58 PM.

+1 did this too. Told them I was considering a total boycott of Casey's. Which is actually true.