• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

List local Iowa business's that ban CCW?

Kromwell

What does everyone think? Should we start posting a list like some of the other states, of business's that do not allow citizens to lawfully CCW?
I know of several here in Dubuque that don't (get incensed with you too if you ask about it).

I think it'd be a good way, to start showing business's that do not allow us our lawful right, that we can and will deny them our business.

Kromwell

Nice start :)

In Dubuque, the following locations do not allow CCW on their property:
Mindframe Theater
AMC Theater
US Bank
The Roshek building.

Of the above, only US Bank and The Roshek building are posted at the entrances.

Tucker6900

The only place I have been asked to leave is the Childrens museum in Coralville. After doing some research, the Museum is a state run facility, and preventing firearms in that location is a violation of IC 724.28. However, seeing as it is "inside" the mall, the mall policy stands. Be warned, there are no signs on any door stating that CCW is banned in the mall. An they refuse to place them.

Another good thing to do, if you run across one of these establishments, is to send them a note letting them know they have been placed on this list, with a link to the page. I know a couple businesses in Michigan that changed their policy due to some much needed public shaming.

Not A Victim

The Casey's General store in Le Mars. I went there once to pick up a pizza I ordered for my family and as soon as I entered the store I was met with an aggressive manager who told me no guns allowed in the store. So I ask him why doesn't he want armed law abiding citizen in the store? He said " Because its my decision now take your gun and get the F*** out of Casey's before I call the cops!" I said nothing and just left before it escalated further he was getting pretty upset.

That happened a year ago and I haven't been back there since that incident.

Last edited:

amaixner

The Casey's General store in Le Mars. I went there once to pick up a pizza I ordered for my family and as soon as I entered the store I was met with an aggressive manager who told me no guns allowed in the store. So I ask him why doesn't he want armed law abiding citizen in the store? He said " Because its my decision now take your gun and get the F*** out of Casey's before I call the cops!" I said nothing and just left before it escalated further he was getting pretty upset.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
I'm sure the manager didn't even realize the irony and hypocrisy.

Tucker6900

Casey's Corporate follows state law. Make sure to let them know this happened.

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member
Casey's Corporate follows state law. Make sure to let them know this happened.

Why don't we all do this? There's only one Casey's General Store in Le Mars. It's much more likely to be taken seriously and get corrected if Corporate gets a ton of emails about it compared to just one.

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member

Do you have a date and time for when that event happened? Their district manager called me today and asked me if I could give them any more details about it.

Not A Victim

Do you have a date and time for when that event happened? Their district manager called me today and asked me if I could give them any more details about it.

The managers name who told me to leave the Casey's store is Frank, and he still works their. I see him going in and out of the Casey's store from time to time when I drive by.The date was March 2012, not sure the exact time but it was around noon. I was not aware at the time Casey's had a code of conduct that required its employee's to comply with all state laws. So I just left it alone and never returned to give them any business. However now that I know that they are required to comply with all state laws I'll probably return their once while I'm out open carrying and see if he says anything this time.

Last edited: