• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brass Knuckles

Elysium

Are they legal with a permit? I cant find any statutes that say they are not.

Elysium

davidmcbeth-Thanks for the link I never knew about Google Scholar. I looked through most cases and statutes and can't seem to find any thing saying they are illegal to possess. I found one case where a guy had a gun and knuckles and got charged twice with concealed weapons.

MKE- A-sorry I couldn't find a brass knuckle forum with an answer so let me rephrase my question. I am wondering if when open carrying a firearm, may I also carry concealed brass knuckles in the state of Wisconsin as a less lethal form of protection?

B- if someone without a permit can be charged with CCW for knuckles then logically a person with a permit should be able to carry them. When you state the statute though it appears knuckles do not fall into those catogories. Perhaps I should hook up a battery and LED light to make it an electric weapon. I don't wanna be a test case on it though.

NoTolerance

A) this isn't related to the purpose of the forum

While that's true, it would be nice to see a little more latitude provided in the state-specific subfora.

WCI, for example, regularly encourages those that attend their CCL classes to visit this forum. We're talking a few thousand people that have been directed to use this place as a resource to find more information on both concealed and open carry - and that's obviously not limited to just firearms.

As long as we're not discussing the open carry of long guns, this doesn't seem to be a violation of forum rules - though I'd concede it's not exactly related to the overall purpose of the forum, either.

I guess my overall point is that we're not going to exactly win a bunch of new people over to "our side" if we're going to flame them for asking mildly off-topic questions. It's tough enough to find your place here with some of the more antagonistic personalities as it is.

metalman383

I am certainly sick of seeing posts stating, how does this relate to open carry, or where is the f.u.q.? I do realize that it is common courtesy to post a f.u.q, but do we need the post police to comment on every single thread? I visit this site for bits of knowledge, and the fact that most members have a similiar point of veiw to mine. For the record I am open carrying as I am typing this!

Phil Shnyder

While that's true, it would be nice to see a little more latitude provided in the state-specific subfora.

WCI, for example, regularly encourages those that attend their CCL classes to visit this forum. We're talking a few thousand people that have been directed to use this place as a resource to find more information on both concealed and open carry - and that's obviously not limited to just firearms.

As long as we're not discussing the open carry of long guns, this doesn't seem to be a violation of forum rules - though I'd concede it's not exactly related to the overall purpose of the forum, either.

I guess my overall point is that we're not going to exactly win a bunch of new people over to "our side" if we're going to flame them for asking mildly off-topic questions. It's tough enough to find your place here with some of the more antagonistic personalities as it is.

A right on the money post.