Thread: Gunshow today

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Gunshow today

This was an expensive day but mostly because they actually had a few things.

I got a brick of 22LR's $61.00 There were plenty of 22's but most started at $75.00 a brick.
    I got 150 new 460 Mag cases....$99.00
    3-50 round boxes of 10mm,,,,,$27.00 each
    30 aluminum brazing rods....$20.00

They were interesting. He asked if I wanted a demonstration and I said yes. He punched a hole in the bottom of a drink can. I took the can and punched a hole in the side, took the torch and rod and told him I'd do it myself. Darned if it didn't work like a charm.

5 pounds of Accurate 5744. I have no idea what I paid, but it was a bargain at any price.

My wife gets matching money so that finished up the day.

They had that nasty Fe..Male Troll securing the guns again. I left mine in the car rather than have that thing get cooties on it.

She still has those square patches all over her face. Frankenstein would be proud.
    Last edited by peter nap; 03-02-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    This was an expensive day but mostly because they actually had a few things.

I got a brick of 22LR's $61.00 There were plenty of 22's but most started at $75.00 a brick.
    I got 150 new 460 Mag cases....$99.00
    3-50 round boxes of 10mm,,,,,$27.00 each

They were interesting. He asked if I wanted a demonstration and I said yes. He punched a hole in the bottom of a drink can. I took the can and punched a hole in the side, took the torch and rod and told him I'd do it myself. Darned if it didn't work like a charm.

5 pounds of Accurate 5744. I have no idea what I paid, but it was a bargain at any price.

My wife gets matching money so that finished up the day.

They had that nasty Fe..Male Troll securing the guns again. I left mine in the car rather than have that thing get cooties on it.

She still has those square patches all over her face. Frankenstein would be proud.

I got there about 10am. No line whatsoever.

Picked up:

A-Nitro 100 - 1lb
    A- #5 - 1lb
    one brick of large pistol primers
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Quote Originally Posted by stickslinger View Post
    I got there about 10am. No line whatsoever.

Picked up:

A-Nitro 100 - 1lb
    A- #5 - 1lb
    one brick of large pistol primers
    I went back to get another jug of Accurate but all he had were pound cans so I bought 4 of them.

Picked up two FOL PMAGs for my AR, a Magpul ASAP end-plate, and some .30-06 in clips for my Garand. Then went over to Colonial afterwards, got the end-plate installed, and picked up a pack of 20 .223 for $9.75 and 50 .40 S&W for $23 (both well cheaper than show prices).

No gun show for me today, but the fedex guy was nice to me today... Brought me 8lbs of Bullseye & 8lbs of H110.. Felt like Christmas ;-)

Roscoe
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

When I first got my C&R and started hitting gun shows about 15 years ago, it was a standing joke about them really being "Beef jerkey and 'WELDS ALUMINUM!!!'" shows.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    When I first got my C&R and started hitting gun shows about 15 years ago, it was a standing joke about them really being "Beef jerkey and 'WELDS ALUMINUM!!!'" shows.
    Worse yet KB....my wife bought a pair of earrings

I used to enjoy shows way back when. There were mostly private tables and people brought in their parts and pieces and guns they wanted to sell. Hillsboro was the last holdout but it's gone to the dark side now.

( I needed the rods though)
    I just got a new/old duck hunting boat.
    Last edited by peter nap; 03-03-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I just got a new/old duck hunting boat.
    ..............Oh oh, WHAT kinda boat is dat ? You do mean a duck picture takin' book, right?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.