• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunshow today

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This was an expensive day but mostly because they actually had a few things.

I got a brick of 22LR's $61.00 There were plenty of 22's but most started at $75.00 a brick.
I got 150 new 460 Mag cases....$99.00
3-50 round boxes of 10mm,,,,,$27.00 each
30 aluminum brazing rods....$20.00

They were interesting. He asked if I wanted a demonstration and I said yes. He punched a hole in the bottom of a drink can. I took the can and punched a hole in the side, took the torch and rod and told him I'd do it myself. Darned if it didn't work like a charm.

5 pounds of Accurate 5744. I have no idea what I paid, but it was a bargain at any price.

My wife gets matching money so that finished up the day.

They had that nasty Fe..Male Troll securing the guns again. I left mine in the car rather than have that thing get cooties on it.
:mad:
She still has those square patches all over her face. Frankenstein would be proud.:uhoh:

Last edited:

stickslinger

This was an expensive day but mostly because they actually had a few things.

I got a brick of 22LR's $61.00 There were plenty of 22's but most started at $75.00 a brick.
I got 150 new 460 Mag cases....$99.00
3-50 round boxes of 10mm,,,,,$27.00 each

They were interesting. He asked if I wanted a demonstration and I said yes. He punched a hole in the bottom of a drink can. I took the can and punched a hole in the side, took the torch and rod and told him I'd do it myself. Darned if it didn't work like a charm.

5 pounds of Accurate 5744. I have no idea what I paid, but it was a bargain at any price.

My wife gets matching money so that finished up the day.

They had that nasty Fe..Male Troll securing the guns again. I left mine in the car rather than have that thing get cooties on it.
:mad:
She still has those square patches all over her face. Frankenstein would be proud.:uhoh:

I got there about 10am. No line whatsoever.

Picked up:

A-Nitro 100 - 1lb
A- #5 - 1lb
one brick of large pistol primers

Numenor

Picked up two FOL PMAGs for my AR, a Magpul ASAP end-plate, and some .30-06 in clips for my Garand. Then went over to Colonial afterwards, got the end-plate installed, and picked up a pack of 20 .223 for $9.75 and 50 .40 S&W for $23 (both well cheaper than show prices).

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
No gun show for me today, but the fedex guy was nice to me today... Brought me 8lbs of Bullseye & 8lbs of H110.. Felt like Christmas ;-)

Roscoe

KBCraig

When I first got my C&R and started hitting gun shows about 15 years ago, it was a standing joke about them really being "Beef jerkey and 'WELDS ALUMINUM!!!'" shows. :lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
When I first got my C&R and started hitting gun shows about 15 years ago, it was a standing joke about them really being "Beef jerkey and 'WELDS ALUMINUM!!!'" shows. :lol:

Worse yet KB....my wife bought a pair of earrings:(

I used to enjoy shows way back when. There were mostly private tables and people brought in their parts and pieces and guns they wanted to sell. Hillsboro was the last holdout but it's gone to the dark side now.

( I needed the rods though:rolleyes:)
I just got a new/old duck hunting boat.
boat2_zpsc032a1ab.jpg

Last edited: