• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mom's Kitchen Open Carry Dinner 3/16/2013 6:30pm

HearseGuy

We'll be there again! We showed up around 2:30 to All Around Pizza. I asked a few people if they were with OCDO and they said no so i stopped asking lol. Maybe at Moms Kitchen ill wear a name tag that says OCDO HearseGuy lol

Justine

We'll be there again! We showed up around 2:30 to All Around Pizza. I asked a few people if they were with OCDO and they said no so i stopped asking lol. Maybe at Moms Kitchen ill wear a name tag that says OCDO HearseGuy lol

A lot of us frequent the FB VCDL and Virginia Open Carry pages a lot more than this forum, which is why I use my frist name, so it's the same in both arenas. :lol:

HearseGuy

A lot of us frequent the FB VCDL and Virginia Open Carry pages a lot more than this forum, which is why I use my frist name, so it's the same in both arenas. :lol:

Aahh understandable. I dont have facebook. I refuse lol.

Last edited:

hemifan87

ok it will be me and my wife and one of my sons that will be going, we will also have one of my wife's friends and her boyfriend from Birmingham in the United Kingdom. He's visiting her for a bit and wanted to come to the dinner because hes never heard of normal people carrying guns around. It's going to be a great time again I know it see you all there.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I, too, am one of the un-cool kids not on the cliquey little Facebook playground. If we abandon this website (OCDO) for facebook, I predict "the (2A) cause" will suffer. Let us not go down that road please, with exclusive notice of the details of our mutual 2A events.

+1

It divides up and thereby spreads thin the coverage of information IMHO - prefer the concentrated, all together in one place information of OCDO.

Previously I tried Facebook, had my account hacked, Facebook did nothing to help, not likely I will go back even for non-related to RKBA things.

Justine

ok it will be me and my wife and one of my sons that will be going, we will also have one of my wife's friends and her boyfriend from Birmingham in the United Kingdom. He's visiting her for a bit and wanted to come to the dinner because hes never heard of normal people carrying guns around. It's going to be a great time again I know it see you all there.

That's wonderful! I have family in the UK, but they're not nearly so receptive to a new experience with law abiding gun owners. :banghead: Ah well... if we can educate but one it's worth it.

Justine

+1

It divides up and thereby spreads thin the coverage of information IMHO - prefer the concentrated, all together in one place information of OCDO.

Previously I tried Facebook, had my account hacked, Facebook did nothing to help, not likely I will go back even for non-related to RKBA things.

I try to post in both forums (FB and OCDO) that way everyone gets the info. But if I'm ever remiss, please, be sure to correct me! :p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I try to post in both forums (FB and OCDO) that way everyone gets the info. But if I'm ever remiss, please, be sure to correct me! :p

No, no you're not remiss at all.

I was speaking of my preference(s) and dislike for some conditions regarding Facebook.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Saturday, 3/16, 6:30 - 8:30 pm

Mom's Country Kitchen
........(aka Mom's Kitchen and Scandals)
3501 Holland Avenue
Virginia Beach, Va.
......» Map
(757) 463-6667

Justine

Thank you to all who joined us tonight! I had a good time, and I hope to see you all in a few weeks for some Thai food! Remember, we're strong in numbers!

HearseGuy

I definitely had a good time as well! Great talking with everyone and supporting a business that supports 2a!

Thanks again Justine for setting it up. It was great meeting and talking with you!