• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man opens fire with "assualt rifle" in Milwaukee. Media oddly quiet about it.

pkbites

Man opens fire with "assualt rifle" in Milwaukee. Media oddly quiet about it.

On February 28th, the day after Chief Flynn testified about a ban, a man opened fire with an "assault rifle" near N. 28th St. and W. Atkinson Ave in Milwaukee. He shot at several people and hit two of them.

the wierd thing is, the media is all but silent on it. The story was only in the local section of the Milwaukee Urinal. No front page headlines, no editorial rantings over a ban. No milking the story on Fox 6. Nothing. This is very, VERY odd of the media to do.

I'm wondering if this isn't because of the fact the guy was a repeat felon and can't legally own any gun. Or maybe he's one of those many criminals that got watered down sentences and should have still been in prison. I know the left doesn't want the sheep to know about that. (Did you know that armed robbery in Wisconsin carries a maximum term of 40 years, yet few get hit with more than 3?).

Guy opens fire on almost a dozen people in public with an evil "assault weapon" and the local media isn't going bananas over it. Something is fishy about that!

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...stimony-man-opens-fire-ol8vk73-194049131.html

MKEgal

I think something's fishy about the whole thing, not just the media response. (But that is a whole 'nother category of strange.)

Long guns are practically never used in crimes. I've seen some media reports of shotguns used, even here in MKE (see: Aldi) but very rarely. Rifles? No. Need to aim too much.

This happened the day after Flynn gets back from mouthing off & telling lies in DC.

This happened just before he was set to give a press conference about his trip to DC.

It supposedly involved the exact sort of rifle under consideration to be banned again.

If I'm reading the story correctly, the felon in question drove away, then stopped & got out of his car, confronted officers, & continued the chase on foot, which allowed officers to capture him. It'd make more sense for him to keep driving. (Then again, how often do criminals act sensibly?)

Why aren't they releasing the name? It's not like they don't talk about people or release info before they're charged with a crime... :rolleyes:

Also, I'm wondering what Flynn was using as the rap sheet. Taping together all the pages of all his various police reports would be longer than that. Heck, taping mine together would be longer!

Last edited:

MKEgal

BTW, if Vicki McKenna has the name right (Shawn Bridges), just in Milwaukee Co. this guy has felonies for car theft & recklessly endangering safety, lots of charges (& a couple of convictions) for driving after suspension, one DC conviction, one for resisting, and a couple misdemeanor convictions for marijuana possession.

Where's the jump to the violent crime he's accused of now?
There were dismissed charges for battery (x6), physical abuse of a child, & resisting.
One conviction (Wauk. Co.) for battery.
Is that a common progression, from battery to attempted aggravated murder of multiple people?

ETA: not that any of this really relates to OC

Last edited:

pkbites

ETA: not that any of this really relates to OC

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but yeah, it does. The assault weapons and magazine bans will affect what citizens can carry openly. And part of our fight is with what the extraordinarily biased media reports. Remember that they want EVERYONE completely disarmed (except them or their professional security services). If given their druthers they wouldn't even allow single shot Muskets from 1776 (except for them, of course).

So when they so downplay something like this it should be a HUGE red flag to us. I'm not a conspiracy theorist by far. But something just isn't right about the low level of coverage on this!

Yetiman

Maybe he had a REAL assault rifle... You know, like the one the ATF lost in Milwaukee recently.

Law abider

Maybe he had a REAL assault rifle... You know, like the one the ATF lost in Milwaukee recently.

Let me conspiratize this. The local fast and furious by Flynn wanted to track the guns as to where they were ending up in Milwaukee hoping that a known felon got hold of one of the guns. No They went to his house and put a gun secretly on his front porch. The plan: get rid of 'assault' weapons and high capacity magazine in Milwaukee. Mayor Tom Barrett is yet to announce a major news conference soon, to start a gun control program in town.