Thread: 30 yr Texas native resident just moved to Vegas

Talking 30 yr Texas native resident just moved to Vegas

Im 35 (36 this coming April) from Texas (30 yr resident) that just moved to Las Vegas last week. Brought my firearms along with me with the drive from central Texas. I am a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment and the freedom(s) is provides. Im an absolute Mil-Surp nut. I love any firearms predating the Korean War, particularly the old bolt guns. I currently own a 1942 Mosin Nagant, Smith & Wesson Sigma SD9VE, Heritage Rough Rider 22LR revolver, and a Remington 514. If I had a choice between a Mil-Surp rifle, like a Japanese Arisaka Type 99 and a fully decked out AR, I would choose the Arisaka.

Welcome to NV AND OCDO.

How do you like not needing permission to carry?
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    Welcome to NV AND OCDO.

Its great and a complete load of my back. In Texas, one can OC rifles and such, but OCing my Mosin does get annoying especially if I have the cruciform bayonet on. LOL As Uncle Ted puts it simply, the 2nd amendment is my carry permit. PERIOD

Welcome to Las Vegas and OCDO friend. Your more than welcome and glad to see your enjoying your new liberties ^^ Hope you find yourself comfortable and feel free to ask anything you want (hopefully check past threads first though).

The Nevada group is very active and friendly people with lots of different advise. Utilize it, and have fun.

See you around.

I admit that I was a bit taken aback when I first learned that TX was NOT OC, and CC by permit only. Seemed backwards of the popular vision of TX as 'wild west.'

But, welcome!

Have you reviewed the legislative topics in the stickies and non-sticky threads yet? Constitutional Carry is being presented this session again, AND another bill seeks to change CC from 'any semi and/or any revolver' to 'any pistol.'
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

It is OC for long guns atm. But there should be a bill or two in the TX legislation session this year, hopin it moves through this time.

Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    Conversely, how do you like having to register handguns?

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Conversely, how do you like having to register handguns?
    I wouldn't know.

(not in Vegas.....)

bleh registration...........whats the process in regards to it (what happens etc)

Welcome to the nuthouse we call Nevada. Las Vegas is just one of the special rubber rooms we have here, so make yourself at home. As previously stated, we are a very active bunch here in NV, possibly the most active when you count population. The only problem I can see is that you chose to move down south and we need you up here in Nothern NV, lol. Kind of short handed up here in no man's land.
    Crazy cant be stopped with gun registration or control. These guys will continue until Americans admit we have a real mental health and crime issue in this country. Go after the gangs full force and keep the crazies off the streets, and leave me and my gun alone.

Frederick Douglass said, ďA manís rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Welcome! I have a Mosin as well, love it! They are definitely made to take a beating and they just keep on firing.

@wrightme Constitutional Carry is being presented? Does anyone think it stands a chance? All the $$ the state gets from the ccw permits and the expensive courses that go along with it...here's hoping it has a chance, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Last edited by elga; 03-04-2013 at 04:38 AM.

Welcome to the REAL greatest state in the union!

Quote Originally Posted by elga View Post
    Welcome! I have a Mosin as well, love it! They are definitely made to take a beating and they just keep on firing.

@wrightme Constitutional Carry is being presented? Does anyone think it stands a chance? All the $$ the state gets from the ccw permits and the expensive courses that go along with it...here's hoping it has a chance, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Yes, it is being presented. It was also presented last year.

As in other states, putting Constitutional Carry into place does NOT negate the permits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmeierholtz View Post
    Welcome to the nuthouse we call Nevada. Las Vegas is just one of the special rubber rooms we have here, so make yourself at home. As previously stated, we are a very active bunch here in NV, possibly the most active when you count population. The only problem I can see is that you chose to move down south and we need you up here in Nothern NV, lol. Kind of short handed up here in no man's land.
    Ill go anywhere where theres a good job market. When you mean northern NV, you talking about Elko or Reno? I used to be a firearms instructor in Oregon till the ex went nutsy fagan on me, got divorced and moved back home to texas. then the sandyhook debacle happened and my new shooters as id put it basically dried up (ppl hoarding ammo not wanting to shoot as much anymore.
    Last edited by Flyingguns; 03-04-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Unless you are a miner don't come where I am then (Winnemucca). I was just referring to the number of people that OC around here. May even by myself in this area, but not sure.
    Crazy cant be stopped with gun registration or control. These guys will continue until Americans admit we have a real mental health and crime issue in this country. Go after the gangs full force and keep the crazies off the streets, and leave me and my gun alone.

Frederick Douglass said, ďA manís rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.