Thread: Will the Governor sign any pro gun bill?

Will the Governor sign any pro gun bill?

Does anyone know what the chances are that the Governor will sign any pro gun bill that comes before him? I realize the importance of working to get a bill passed, but do we know what actual chances it will have of being signed into law?
    AUDE VIDE TACE

Quote Originally Posted by SavageOne View Post
    Does anyone know what the chances are that the Governor will sign any pro gun bill that comes before him? I realize the importance of working to get a bill passed, but do we know what actual chances it will have of being signed into law?
    Governor Nixon has signed every 2A bill sent to him!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Interesting question now that Nixon is in his second and final term. mspgunner makes a valid point.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I think he will....however, depending on the political winds at the time and if the legislature can override the veto.....he may not.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

2A Bills have to make it through the House and Senate to get to his desk.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    2A Bills have to make it through the House and Senate to get to his desk.
    Exactly. We should be more concerned about our Dem dominated Senate....

I was shocked to learn that McCaskill was re-elected this last election....

I highly doubt we get any Pro-2A through the Senate.

Sometimes Im quite concerned at what is happening to gun friendly states like Colorado in which its House passed a magazine ban...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysann22 View Post

Sometimes Im quite concerned at what is happening to gun friendly states like Colorado in which its House passed a magazine ban...
    Last time I looked (yesterday) our State Senate was controlled by the Republicans as well as the House. Also McCaskill is a U.S. Senator not a State Senator.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysann22 View Post

You many be confuse between State and Federal. In the State of Missouri both the House and the Senate have a Republican Pro-2A majority. In Missouri they are both actually veto proof. The filibuster in the Missouri Senate is the only blockaide, there are not enough Republicans to kill a filibuster in the Misouri Senate, although it is possible if a few Democrats will sign on to a PQ. That is doubtful.