• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will the Governor sign any pro gun bill?

SavageOne

Does anyone know what the chances are that the Governor will sign any pro gun bill that comes before him? I realize the importance of working to get a bill passed, but do we know what actual chances it will have of being signed into law?

mspgunner

Does anyone know what the chances are that the Governor will sign any pro gun bill that comes before him? I realize the importance of working to get a bill passed, but do we know what actual chances it will have of being signed into law?

Governor Nixon has signed every 2A bill sent to him!

Redbaron007

I think he will....however, depending on the political winds at the time and if the legislature can override the veto.....he may not.

Jaysann22

2A Bills have to make it through the House and Senate to get to his desk.

Exactly. We should be more concerned about our Dem dominated Senate....

I was shocked to learn that McCaskill was re-elected this last election....

I highly doubt we get any Pro-2A through the Senate.

Sometimes Im quite concerned at what is happening to gun friendly states like Colorado in which its House passed a magazine ban...

Sometimes Im quite concerned at what is happening to gun friendly states like Colorado in which its House passed a magazine ban...

Last time I looked (yesterday) our State Senate was controlled by the Republicans as well as the House. Also McCaskill is a U.S. Senator not a State Senator.

mspgunner

You many be confuse between State and Federal. In the State of Missouri both the House and the Senate have a Republican Pro-2A majority. In Missouri they are both actually veto proof. The filibuster in the Missouri Senate is the only blockaide, there are not enough Republicans to kill a filibuster in the Misouri Senate, although it is possible if a few Democrats will sign on to a PQ. That is doubtful.