Thread: Did the NRA support the 1967 ban on loaded, open carry in California?

Centurion

Did the NRA support the 1967 ban on loaded, open carry in California?

In a Salon article, Natasha Lennard claims that the NRA supported the 1967 ban on loaded open carry in California.

http://www.salon.com/2013/03/03/the_...can_americans/

I do not know if this is true. The left constantly makes things up, and lives on lies.

On the other hand, the NRA, in 1967, was just beginning to wake up to the fact that the Second Amendent was in danger, and not just in the South, Northeast, and California, but everywhere.

Someone could also tell Ms Lennard that Democrats, at this time, or just a few years before, supported segregation.

Still, I would like to know if the NRA took a position on this legislation. I rather doubt it.

I would also like to find the records of how many Democrats voted for this ban, and against it.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    In a Salon article, Natasha Lennard claims that the NRA supported the 1967 ban on loaded open carry in California.

http://www.salon.com/2013/03/03/the_...can_americans/

I do not know if this is true. The left constantly makes things up, and lives on lies.

On the other hand, the NRA, in 1967, was just beginning to wake up to the fact that the Second Amendent was in danger, and not just in the South, Northeast, and California, but everywhere.

Someone could also tell Ms Lennard that Democrats, at this time, or just a few years before, supported segregation.

Still, I would like to know if the NRA took a position on this legislation. I rather doubt it.

I would also like to find the records of how many Democrats voted for this ban, and against it.
    I don't think anyone had an idea in 1967 how dangerous it was to compromise with our rights, even the NRA. The sentiment at the time was caused by a radical group that carried weapons openly. They let their hatred be a rally to limit rights, this has happened to us so many times. Even today the NRA disses the 2A with the push for concealed carry by permit, and linking OC to those same permits. That is not the 2A, a right is not licensed.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I noticed the complete lack of any citations to support the claims in that article.

If she had posted it here instead of on Salon, it would have been a one-way nuclear war.