Thread: Gun violence taskforce Next meeting on 3-5-13 Tuesday at 12:30pm rm 2-d

Banned

Gun violence taskforce Next meeting on 3-5-13 Tuesday at 12:30pm rm 2-d

Gun Violence Prevention Working Group to Hold Final Meeting Tuesday March 5th
    HARTFORD, CT—Senate Majority Leader Martin M. Looney (D—New Haven) and Representative Craig Miner (R—Litchfield) announced today that the Gun Violence Prevention Working Group of the Bipartisan Task Force on Gun Violence Prevention and Children’s Safety will hold its final meeting on Tuesday, March 5th at 12:30p.m. in room 2-D of the Legislative Office Building. Members of the working group will meet for the purpose of forwarding recommendations to legislative leaders.

http://senatedems.ct.gov/pr/leaders-130228.php

Re: Gun violence taskforce Next meeting on 3-5-13 Tuesday at 12:30pm rm 2-d

Sounds like this will be the last stand. Donald Williams wants a bill ready for the three month anniversary Newtown. I'm fearful Dems will try and move forward with Malloy's ridiculous "solutions" if the bipartisan party is too equally split.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The official police records and search warrants pertaining to the Sandy Hook murders were sealed for 90 days. That would mean they would become available on March 14th. Is there any coincidence that the Democratic "leaders" insist that a vote needs to take place by March 13th?

Authorities are withholding search warrants and police records related to the Newtown massacre even though the shooter is dead and the prosecutor handling the case has said he does not expect any charges.
    http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/fairfie...wtown-shooting
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Freiheit417 View Post
    The official police records and search warrants pertaining to the Sandy Hook murders were sealed for 90 days. That would mean they would become available on March 14th. Is there any coincidence that the Democratic "leaders" insist that a vote needs to take place by March 13th?

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/fairfie...wtown-shooting
    Yes, I have filed two FOIA requests with Newtown but the FIC is dragging its feet .. THEY don't want this information examined...there are no possible charges against anyone .. so they should provide the records to the public.

You are free to file a FOI request with the state police and Newtown ... they would have 4 days to respond ... the response I got was "WOW" .. and then a denial to the records where they claim the DA is telling them not to disclose.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by foxhound81 View Post
    Sounds like this will be the last stand. Donald Williams wants a bill ready for the three month anniversary Newtown. I'm fearful Dems will try and move forward with Malloy's ridiculous "solutions" if the bipartisan party is too equally split.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    It is too late to introduce bills via the standard process.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/lco/pdfs/2013/...nt%20Rules.pdf
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 03-05-2013 at 07:48 PM.