• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun violence taskforce Next meeting on 3-5-13 Tuesday at 12:30pm rm 2-d

davidmcbeth

Banned
Gun Violence Prevention Working Group to Hold Final Meeting Tuesday March 5th
HARTFORD, CT—Senate Majority Leader Martin M. Looney (D—New Haven) and Representative Craig Miner (R—Litchfield) announced today that the Gun Violence Prevention Working Group of the Bipartisan Task Force on Gun Violence Prevention and Children’s Safety will hold its final meeting on Tuesday, March 5th at 12:30p.m. in room 2-D of the Legislative Office Building. Members of the working group will meet for the purpose of forwarding recommendations to legislative leaders.

http://senatedems.ct.gov/pr/leaders-130228.php

foxhound81

Sounds like this will be the last stand. Donald Williams wants a bill ready for the three month anniversary Newtown. I'm fearful Dems will try and move forward with Malloy's ridiculous "solutions" if the bipartisan party is too equally split.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Freiheit417

The official police records and search warrants pertaining to the Sandy Hook murders were sealed for 90 days. That would mean they would become available on March 14th. Is there any coincidence that the Democratic "leaders" insist that a vote needs to take place by March 13th? :confused:

Authorities are withholding search warrants and police records related to the Newtown massacre even though the shooter is dead and the prosecutor handling the case has said he does not expect any charges.
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/fairfield_cty/Records-withheld-in-Newtown-shooting

davidmcbeth

Banned
The official police records and search warrants pertaining to the Sandy Hook murders were sealed for 90 days. That would mean they would become available on March 14th. Is there any coincidence that the Democratic "leaders" insist that a vote needs to take place by March 13th? :confused:

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/fairfield_cty/Records-withheld-in-Newtown-shooting

Yes, I have filed two FOIA requests with Newtown but the FIC is dragging its feet .. THEY don't want this information examined...there are no possible charges against anyone .. so they should provide the records to the public.

You are free to file a FOI request with the state police and Newtown ... they would have 4 days to respond ... the response I got was "WOW" .. and then a denial to the records where they claim the DA is telling them not to disclose.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Last edited: