• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holsters for Jericho/Baby Eagle .45

ron73440

I am new here and found this site by trying to get info on NC CC laws. After reading through a whole lot of threads, I really like the option to OC instead.

That being said my pistol is a .45 Baby Eagle. (It's an awesome pistol, fired about 1000 rounds so far, very accuate and reliable)The only holsters I can find are from Zahal.com and for the .45 they only have two. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Also are there any others I'm not aware of?

Thanks for all you do to get awareness of OC out there. Before I found this, I didn't know OC was an option.

Beowulf

Jericho 941/Baby Desert Eagle II holsters are hard enough to find for the 9mm or .40 cal versions let alone finding holsters for the .45 cal. If yours is a steel version you might have luck here --> Brigade Gunleather. Apparently, other people have been able to find some Fobus holsters designed for Glocks that have worked, but you would have to go to a store and try to see what works for your gun since they were talking about the full-sized 9mm guns. Good luck with your search.

ron73440

Thanks, I'll check them out. I've been looking all over for a retention holster that fits and am not sure they make one.

I really love my pistol, but might have to get something else for OC since I don't think I'll be comfortable without retention.

It's not a pressing issue right now since I don't get back to NC until July.

ron73440

"Thanks for the tip, Bricktop"

That thread you steered me to had a lot of options I'd never heard of. I'm going to do some research, but looks like I'll be able to use my baby for OC after all. Thanks for the help.

Michigander

I have an airsoft Jericho 941, built 1-1 scale, which I keep and use for force on force drills since Glock doesn't like anyone copying their designs. It is a direct fit, a beautiful fit in fact, into my Glock 20 holster, specifically it's a Safariland 6280.

I think my airsoft is modeled after the 9mm version, so unfortunately I don't know if your 45 would fit, but I am confident you can find a Safariland which will fit it like a glove, and honestly if you're going to be OCing, safariland is your best and safest option anyway.

ron73440

No, the holsters that a 9mm and .40 eagle work with all will not fit the .45 and to make it worse, mine has a rail.

I got it because a friend had one and the first time I shot it I fell in love. Found mine at a gun show and was so happy to get it, availibility of holster and accessories never crossed my mind.

I am definitely glad I found this forum, looking for a holster on my own was not working at all, but now I have options and a few months to figure out what I want.

WalkingWolf

No, the holsters that a 9mm and .40 eagle work with all will not fit the .45 and to make it worse, mine has a rail.

I got it because a friend had one and the first time I shot it I fell in love. Found mine at a gun show and was so happy to get it, availibility of holster and accessories never crossed my mind.

I am definitely glad I found this forum, looking for a holster on my own was not working at all, but now I have options and a few months to figure out what I want.

You could always make your own, it is not that hard. Leather or Kydex are both easy to work with.

DamonK

I had one of those. I found out that a leather Galco holster for a glock 17 is a perfect fit. You do want to try it in person though. I would not recommend ordering online. I don't remember the model, but it was a black leather pancake holster.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

ron73440

You could always make your own, it is not that hard. Leather or Kydex are both easy to work with.

That would be a good idea, but honestly I am not good at making things pretty and I want something that looks nice, especially if I'm OC'ing. I have thought about a suggestion you made in another thread, to take the pistol to a tack shop and get one custom made.

Other than that, Fist holsters looked very good from what they have on the internet. Does anyone have any experience with these?

WalkingWolf

That would be a good idea, but honestly I am not good at making things pretty and I want something that looks nice, especially if I'm OC'ing. I have thought about a suggestion you made in another thread, to take the pistol to a tack shop and get one custom made.

Other than that, Fist holsters looked very good from what they have on the internet. Does anyone have any experience with these?

I understand, but honestly have you seen some of the ugly custom holsters out there? :lol:

If I can find the camera I may try to post pics of the scabbard and holster later today.

Last edited:

Michigander

Even easier, you can take an existing holster and use said leather or kydex, and some other things like rivets or epoxy, and widen or narrow it to fit. I would still however highly suspect that the gun will be a drop in fit in some sort of Safariland rotating hood holster, and even if not, the rotating hood holsters have the benefit that they don't lock on to the trigger guard or other part of the gun, instead just having the hood, so they are for that reason probably the easiest on the market to use for guns that weren't originally intended to be used with the holster.

ron73440

This is probably a dumb question, but can I take my gun to a store without a holster to try them out?

Also, I've never looked for holsters, where are good places to look?

Excuse the ignorance, this is all new to me, growing up with all hunting rifles and no pistols.

WalkingWolf

This is probably a dumb question, but can I take my gun to a store without a holster to try them out?

Also, I've never looked for holsters, where are good places to look?

Excuse the ignorance, this is all new to me, growing up with all hunting rifles and no pistols.

Probably, just do not take a loaded gun into a store to check out holsters, and ask first. Trying out holsters with a loaded gun could lead to a awww poop.

DamonK

I'm telling you, a galco leather pancake holster for a glock 17 with the thumb brake fits a baby eagle 45 perfectly. Just take it into the store(unloaded) and try it out. I wouldn't bother with the homemade version unless you know what you are doing. You don't want you primary carry holster to be an experiment.

Last edited:

ron73440

Probably, just do not take a loaded gun into a store to check out holsters, and ask first. Trying out holsters with a loaded gun could lead to a awww poop.

Good thing you told me, I might have shot myself. j/k

To DamonK,

I'll definitely keep that on my list of potential holsters, was yours all steel with a rail?

I think the polymer are different sized than the steel.

Also, why did you get rid of yours? Are there long term issues? My experience with it so far has been flawless.

Last edited:

DamonK

Good thing you told me, I might have shot myself. j/k

To DamonK,

I'll definitely keep that on my list of potential holsters, was yours all steel with a rail?

I think the polymer are different sized than the steel.

Also, why did you get rid of yours? Are there long term issues? My experience with it so far has been flawless.

Mine was all steel, but no rail. I got rid of it because once you wear out any of the internals you have to order it from Israel. It wasn't a big problem, but I had a friend that really wanted it and made me a deal I couldn't turn down. I'll probably get another one one of these days.

ron73440

Emailed Cleveland holsters, they told me they had one left from a custom run for Baby Eagles, but when he double checked it was for a 9mm so a no-go. I emailed FIST & Galco holsters and havent got a response yet, starting to think I should just be more patient and wait to get home to buy one, but I really want to start OC'ing around my house when I get back to make sure I'm comfortable before I do the wally walk.

j4l

As long as you are interested in leather, I can always make one for you- for concealed (under belt/iwb) or open carry.
Pm if interested.

One I just made for a customer a couple weeks ago.(CC carry) Fits both a single-stack 1911 and a Hi-cap, 12-round 845. retention is via tension when worn under the belt-snug, keeps the pistol tucked-in tight to the side.I carry my .45 24/7 in one myself.

bch1000_zpsff5db4f8.jpg

ewh2007_zpsb554f31f.jpg

Last edited:

DamonK

Emailed Cleveland holsters, they told me they had one left from a custom run for Baby Eagles, but when he double checked it was for a 9mm so a no-go. I emailed FIST & Galco holsters and havent got a response yet, starting to think I should just be more patient and wait to get home to buy one, but I really want to start OC'ing around my house when I get back to make sure I'm comfortable before I do the wally walk.

I would highly recommend that you physically go into a store at try a couple. The rail doesn't make a big difference on this particular pistol, so what you'll be looking at is the depth of the trigger guard. If you are getting a retention type holster (extremely important in my opinion) then you need to be trying them before you buy them. If you order one online you'll most likely waste your money. Besides, if you think you're going to save money buying online, think about this, shipping and handling and the wait to get it, all the while praying that it will work instead of finding one that is just right.