• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holsters for Jericho/Baby Eagle .45

WalkingWolf

I would highly recommend that you physically go into a store at try a couple. The rail doesn't make a big difference on this particular pistol, so what you'll be looking at is the depth of the trigger guard. If you are getting a retention type holster (extremely important in my opinion) then you need to be trying them before you buy them. If you order one online you'll most likely waste your money. Besides, if you think you're going to save money buying online, think about this, shipping and handling and the wait to get it, all the while praying that it will work instead of finding one that is just right.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with the above for the OP's gun. Some guns like a 1911 buying online is not a problem, but with one that holsters are not available for the specific model it makes sense to check them out personally.

OP BTW I once had a coat made of camel hide, best damn coat I had for a long time until I outgrew it. If you can bring some 6 ounce back with you, it would make a excellent holster double layered.

Last edited:

ron73440

Thanks for the help and advice, I have a better idea of what I'm looking for and how to find it.

If I can get some camel skin at the Afghan market, I might look into that.

I would definitely prefer something from natural materials as opposed to kyvex.

Tiger Rider

Kramer holster for .45 Jericho

After trying several other holsters for my .45 cal, I ordered a paddle holster from Kramer Leather. Just picked it up and am very happy with it. Fits pistol like a glove and is very comfortable walking or sitting in car. The .45 is a heavy gun and the other holsters I tried pretty much pulled my pants down but this one makes the weight of the gun almost unnoticeable. The service from Kramer is great. They made a holster for a full size with rail, and when they saw it was a semi compact without rail they wouldnt give me the holster and insisted on remaking it right. The gun rides fairly high with a forward tilt and is very easy on the draw. It doesnt print very much, even when I tried it with just a t shirt. I had the holster made with a thumb break strap over the hammer for retention while motorcycle riding. Kramer Leather is a Mom and Pop business and I am fortunate they are located within several miles of my home. The holster was 170.00 with the thumb break another 45.00. As their advertising says, this is the holster used by detectives from the Michigan State Police. If you are looking for a GREAT carry holster, call Kramer, you wont be disappointed with the holster or their customer service. OLY

Last edited:

ron73440

I ended up buying a F.I.S.T belt loop holster with a thumb break and couldn't be happier.

It's been in constant use for over a year with a lot of range time and has held up very well.