• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut Carry - Press Release - Legislature, Governor Malloy Unwilling to get Edu

Rich B

From: http://ctcarry.com/News/Release/d54a60d4-a001-45bb-8733-4afb69e72861

Legislature, Governor Malloy Unwilling to get Educated about Firearms, Defense

King 33, LLC Invites Legislators to Training; Invitation is Ignored

Hartford, Connecticut, 3/4/2013:

During the public hearing for the Gun Violence Prevention Committee on January 19^th, 2013, Owner and Operator Chris Fields of King 33 LLC invited the legislators present at the hearing to train with King33 and the qualified training crew there. King 33’s training is widely accepted in Connecticut as some of the best training Connecticut has to offer. King 33 offers many types of training, but one of their most popular training offerings is ‘force on force’ with Simunitions.

Force on force means real, live humans training against real, live humans. This is the only way to understand how you and your opponent will respond when an ‘incident’ is in full swing.

Simunitions are essentially safe paint projectiles that are fired from real weapons platforms, they are only modified to make sure that they do cannot fire deadly rounds for obvious safety reasons.

The training that King 33 offers and has offered to the legislature (and recently to Governor Malloy and his staff as well) is considered state of the art. It is widely regarded across the country as the de facto standard for learning how to deal with dynamic situations that involve people attacking other people. SWAT teams and military members use this training to learn how to enter a building and secure it. Citizens use this training to learn how to defend their homes against intruders. Teachers use this training to learn how to protect themselves and their students. Law enforcement uses this training to respond to critical threats at schools and in other high value places.

Certainly, before advocating on behalf of any ‘school safety’ or ‘gun violence prevention’ proposals to the legislature, it would be helpful for the committee to pause and go get trained on how law enforcement would respond to such a situation and how a person might defend themselves and others in the same situation. Before releasing what Governor Malloy called ‘well thought out’ and ‘common sense’ measures in his proposal, it would have made sense for him to attend realistic training on the subject.

But the legislators and the governor all ignored the offers. Therefore, they are clearly not qualified to assess the problem and recommend solutions to the problem.

There is still time. The legislators and the governor can still pause in their decision making processes and attend the training that King 33 is offering. Then they can make informed decisions about their proposals.

Connecticut Carry stands ready to coordinate or to raise any funds necessary to offset any cost that King 33 incurs from the implementation of this training. The legislators and the governor have no reason to not attend this training except a motivation to stay uninformed about the issues lest the truth find its way through to their consciences. The informed citizens of Connecticut certainly expect our representatives in government and our Governor to know what they are talking about before making decisions about their rights; especially their right to defend themselves. Many citizens in Connecticut understand the principles that King 33 is ready and capable of disseminating, why aren’t our public officials?

More information on this issue can be found on http://ctcarry.com.

King 33 LLC can be found here: http://www.king33training.com/

King 33 LLC
info@king33training.com
Southington, CT

Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Richard Burgess
President
Connecticut Carry, Inc
Ph: 203-208-9577
Email: rich@ctcarry.com
http://ctcarry.com

Last edited:

Mopar

From: http://ctcarry.com/News/Release/d54a60d4-a001-45bb-8733-4afb69e72861

[But the legislators and the governor all ignored the offers. Therefore, they are clearly not qualified to assess the problem and recommend solutions to the problem.

So, just because legislators didn't accept one specific offer, from one specific organization and one specific trainer, that means NO legislator ever has?
CCDL and it's MANY instructor members have been making this offer for years, and yes, some legislators HAVE taken the offers. Several are on the Sandy Hook Task Force. I guess CCDL didn't feel the need to put out a press release every time.

Also, I can think of more then a handful who are already gun owners, hunters, permit holders, and even at least one Task Force member who has done some competitive shooting.
Saying ALL these people are not qualified on the subject because they didn't come to YOU for the training and info isn't just arrogant, it's probably the most damaging thing to our cause that I've seen so far this session.

Rich B

1) Connecticut Carry does not offer training of any type.

2) Being a gun owner, a hunter, a competition shooter or taking NRA instruction does not qualify anyone to decide the weapons and/or tactics that other people can use in defense of themselves or their loved ones. That is not how 'rights' work.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I know that several legislators, their aides, and others did meet with DESPP folks at the POST training facility and did operate a variety of guns ..

I don't know if the Governor was there (my FOIA request asking for more information has been snubbed, an appeal to the FIC is in the works).

So, I would disagree with the OP's posting being not entirely accurate.

I discovered this via a FOIA request with Sen. Seyer (S=M) ... DESPP had them sign waivers ... this will detail who was there for sure