• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newbie here, Just bought my first handgun, but??

in4low

:question:
Hello every1 well i just purchased my first pistol a 1911 by the way, at a local guns store here in vegas. Now my question is do legal permanent residents have 2A rights here in nevada? As i would really like to open carry before i start applying for my ccw permit. I just want to be on the safe side. Any advice would be really helpful

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
The way you phrased your question has me assuming you may not be a CITIZEN of the US. The answer is yes, all legal residents have full rights to keep and bear arms in the state of NV, no citizenship required. Additionally, you do not need to be a US Citizen to apply for your concealed weapons permit, like you do in some states.

Even visitors can openly carry here without a permit, as long as they are in legal possession.

in4low

Exactly im not a citizen yet, i still have 2 more years before i can apply for my citizenship. I justwanted to be sure before i start doing so, btw does anybody know how metro reacts to oc,
Do they treat you as criminals or vise versa?
Any recent encounters?THANKS ON THE INPUT MAC702

jdholmes

Exactly im not a citizen yet, i still have 2 more years before i can apply for my citizenship. I justwanted to be sure before i start doing so, btw does anybody know how metro reacts to oc,
Do they treat you as criminals or vise versa?
Any recent encounters?THANKS ON THE INPUT MAC702

You have every right in every area as any US citizen - the only differentiating factor is that you cannot vote and you cannot receive government benefits. The latter, from what i understand, being a green card regulatory rule and not a law. If you or your sponsor is found to violate it you would be required to pay back all benefits received.

Last edited: