• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any Ellensburg/yakima OC'ers?

XDNick9

Hey Everyone! I've been reading and browsing OCDO for a few weeks now before I did the inevitable and joined. I was wondering if there were any friendly OC'ers over on this side Eburg or Yakima. Would be cool to get a group going one of these days!

509rifas

Hey Everyone! I've been reading and browsing OCDO for a few weeks now before I did the inevitable and joined. I was wondering if there were any friendly OC'ers over on this side Eburg or Yakima. Would be cool to get a group going one of these days!
Yakima County here.

509rifas

Nice! I open carry sometimes on my way to work in yakima. I have yet to spot any other OCers. How bout you?

I have in the lower valley. There's one grizzly adams guy who carries a Colt 45 and a bowie knife, looks about 30, maybe. I got a few friends that carry in the open in the summer mostly, kinda hard with the weather without a drop holster. I got one on the way in the mail, it may be fun to do some rights exercising in yaks.

XDNick9

I have in the lower valley. There's one grizzly adams guy who carries a Colt 45 and a bowie knife, looks about 30, maybe. I got a few friends that carry in the open in the summer mostly, kinda hard with the weather without a drop holster. I got one on the way in the mail, it may be fun to do some rights exercising in yaks.

Nice what kind of holster? I've been giving my XD9 some exercise in my blackhawk serpa. I saw an older gentleman OCing a Kimber 1911, it was a beauty. I'm thinking of getting a 1911 soon! Maybe we can try and organize a meet sometime in the near future in yak?

509rifas

Nice what kind of holster? I've been giving my XD9 some exercise in my blackhawk serpa. I saw an older gentleman OCing a Kimber 1911, it was a beauty. I'm thinking of getting a 1911 soon! Maybe we can try and organize a meet sometime in the near future in yak?

It's actually an uncle mike drop leg platform, not really sure what i'll attach; either a leather thumbreak if it work or a fobus if it doesn't, or find something else in the worst case. For a Turkish Beretta.

I'd be down for organizing a meet or perhaps an OC walk around Yakima. It may be just the two of us but with some good filming it may be a nucleus for something more.

Trigger Dr

It's actually an uncle mike drop leg platform, not really sure what i'll attach; either a leather thumbreak if it work or a fobus if it doesn't, or find something else in the worst case. For a Turkish Beretta.

I'd be down for organizing a meet or perhaps an OC walk around Yakima. It may be just the two of us but with some good filming it may be a nucleus for something more.

Put your camera away until you are encountered, rather than looking and hoping for something that could make you famous. Just carry on as the normal actiivity would.

509rifas

Put your camera away until you are encountered, rather than looking and hoping for something that could make you famous. Just carry on as the normal actiivity would.

The camera is a tiny "hidden" camera, the kind you wear. Wouldn't walk around pointing cameras at people that's just rude.

XDNick9

Yeah that'd be cool. The weather is getting better too! Haven't OC'd much around Yakima, usually only when I stop to get gas or Target/Wal-mart

509rifas

Yeah that'd be cool. The weather is getting better too! Haven't OC'd much around Yakima, usually only when I stop to get gas or Target/Wal-mart

I got it in the mail today... disappointed, shoulda read all the amazon reviews...looks like gonna be using the thumbreak for a minute.

I got every other weekend off, and on weeks I don't I got random days in the week off.

Anyone else here from our nick of the woods?