• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CSGV to hand deliver letters

papa bear

as a gun carrier concerned about gun violence. i thought this might be a good way to get our letters of support for self defense to agents of the government. i wonder if they could handle all the positive letters they could get

e1263931732.gif
scaled_e1362412426.jpg

Write Letters to your Members of Congress - I'll Hand Deliver Them!

Dear hey,

When it comes to lobbying your elected officials, there's nothing like a personal touch. That's why I would like to invite you to write letters to your Members of Congress during this critical juncture in the debate over America's gun laws. If you do, I will hand deliver them to the offices of your Members on Capitol Hill here in Washington, D.C.!

The time is right to make your voice heard. The Senate is currently considering President Obama's comprehensive package of gun policy reform proposals, and is likely to vote on them soon. These measures will then move to the House for consideration. But it's going to take a push from constituents to get them passed!

e1362357528.jpg
Pick one, pick a few, or write all of your Members of Congress a personal letter. If you're feeling ambitious, invite like-minded friends over and have a letter writing party! The pen is mightier than the pressure tactics of the National Rifle Association because politicians can’t ignore the growing public outcry for stronger gun laws.

Tell your Members of Congress you want to see them enact the following reforms:

• Implement a universal background check requirement for all gun sales.

• Renew the federal ban on assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

• Create a federal anti-trafficking statute that would apply tough criminal penalties to straw purchasers and gun runners.

When your letter(s) are ready, mail them to me at the following address and I will hand deliver them to your Members of Congress:

Attn: Christian Heyne
Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
1424 L Street NW, Suite 2-1

Washington, DC 20005

I hope to see your letters arriving soon! Thanks for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Christian Heyne

Legislative Assistant

e1263927507.jpg

Coalition to Stop Gun Violence

1424 L Street NW, Suite 2-1, Washington, DC 20005
202-408-0061 | csgv@csgv.org | www.csgv.org

davidmcbeth

Banned
I can see why he carries ....

But I have long been an advocate of hand delivering letters or oral comments right to representatives homes....what the issue with this?

papa bear

no issue (except for the fact they are anti constitution). i just thought it might be a good idea to send them our pro carry letters to let them deliver them. even if the don't it will gumb their system up.

did you not read my intro?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The fun part would be if we were able to track the "letter" to determine if it were actually delivered.

Just the notion of CSGV censoring all the letters to make sure no "pro-gun" ones got through warms my heart. But then, thery apparently have nothing to do but waste time and effort.

stay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The fun part would be if we were able to track the "letter" to determine if it were actually delivered.

Just the notion of CSGV censoring all the letters to make sure no "pro-gun" ones got through warms my heart. But then, thery apparently have nothing to do but waste time and effort.

stay safe.

You can ... its called a FOIA/open records request.