• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time gun buyer

ManiakMatt

Hi I am a first time gun buyer and decided to pay for the handgun. I got put on a delay and was told to go on thursday to pick up my pistol. Now I do have a couple of arrests but nothing major, no felonies or no domestic violence. I am getting a little ansy and wanted to know what all you thought, should I be worried or am I tripping for nothing? Thanks for any advice.

FreeInAZ

No need to worry. Delays are common these days. If you plan on buying more guns in the future the easiest way to avoid the delays (due to high volume of gun sales) is to get a CCW permit for AZ. This will allow you to purchase firearms without having to wait for the NICs check. ;) If your arrests will not disqualify you from purchasing a pistol, they should not be a issue in getting a Concealed Carry Permit. Bonus many gun dealers charge reduced transfer fee to CCW permit holders, as having one saves them time too. :D

http://www.azdps.gov/services/concealed_weapons/

Last edited:

ManiakMatt

How would I go about getting my CCW? What is the wait to find out if your accepted and how long to get your CCW card?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

ManiakMatt

I'm getting a taurus 9mm model 24 7 can anyone give me some info on it or a review

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

FreeInAZ

Use the link in the post above. It will tell you everything. Wait times depend on how busy DPS is. It ranges from 2 to 6 weeks usually. Training for the NRA cert can be done online now I'm told. However if you are going to have a gun train as if your life depends on it, well because one day it might.:eek:

ManiakMatt

Thanks ya'll. Finally picked up my pistol yesterday. Went to the range and I love it. Let's see how it does after repeated use. Does anyone know what type of holster would be a good one to get for my pistol which is mentioned above.

FreeInAZ

Thanks ya'll. Finally picked up my pistol yesterday. Went to the range and I love it. Let's see how it does after repeated use. Does anyone know what type of holster would be a good one to get for my pistol which is mentioned above.

You are welcome! Glad to add another OCer to our ranks. :D

Here's what Google came up with. https://www.google.com/search?clien...Taurus+24/7+pro+OWB+holster&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Whatever you end up with BUY A GOOD stiff belt that will not sag or stretch after use.

Edit to add (ETA) here's a thread from this site OCDO packed full of good options/ideas for a gun belt.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?108448-Gun-belts

Last edited: