Thread: OC at the airport??

OC at the airport??

Did some searching and couldnt find exactly what I was looking for, so.....

I need to meet some friends that are flying in this evening and was curious about OC in the baggage claim area while I wait to meet them. Anybody ever do it and if so was it a big hassle or uneventful???

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post

I need to meet some friends that are flying in this evening and was curious about OC in the baggage claim area while I wait to meet them. Anybody ever do it and if so was it a big hassle or uneventful???

Everything I have found on airport carry is it has to be open, so no concealing, as long as you are not in the "sensitive areas" of the airport which I was told means as long as you don't have to go through security then you should be fine. You may get hassled but as far as I know it should be legal.

Guess I'll give it a shot. (so to speak)

Concealed carry has to be legal in the non-decure areas; here is my logic. I'm checking into a flight. I'm traveling with a firearm and have my firearm in my luggage, stored in a propper hard sided case with a non TSA lock. In nevada, i'm technically carrying concealed by having a suitcase under my direct physical control with a firearm inside. Becuase the interstate transport of firearms in protected assuming I follow the procedures defined by federal law, they technically cannot throw a blanket ban on CCW in the airport, barring entry beyond the security check point. Just another overlooked circumstance that wasn't anticipated when they attempt to regulate firearms posession in certain areas. one jurisdiction says no but another says okay.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

The airport does not need any signs to ban concealed carry, it is already specifically forbidden by Statute. OTHER public buildings must have signs or metal detectors in order to ban concealed carry.

Open carry is legal in all public buildings, including those on the grounds of a public airport, though your mileage may vary in this county. I've not heard of any issues at the airport. FYI, the statute only applies to the buildings on the grounds of a public airport. You can stay concealed outside of the buildings, if you wish.

Unloaded concealed carry in suitcases being checked in is, yes, still illegal, but a known issue that is unenforced. I am not making excuses for NV's dumb laws, just relaying them.

The federal law that allows transportation through illegal jurisdictions is written as as to only apply to motor vehicles, that I am aware of. And it still won't help you in several states until you finally get to appeal to a US District Court.
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-04-2013 at 07:43 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post

I have OC'ed in the baggage claim / ticket counter with no issues. probably have logged 3 hrs. inside the terminal. less looks than walmart!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    Concealed carry has to be legal in the non-decure areas; here is my logic.
    Get your logic out of here; it has no place among the law. Mac said it, concealed is illegal. If you want to be legal you have to take it out of your suitcase and put it on your hip. But in that moment when you are lifting the bag off the carousel, you are breaking the law. (They could also get you for constructive possession if the bag is nearby.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    Get your logic out of here
    Being a computer Engineering major, I just couldn't help myself. Logic is all I have. 1 or 0, true or false, 0x0001 or 0x0000. When I attempt to reconcile more than one law. I feel like I get stuck in a feedback loop.

while(law1 + law2 !=0)
    {
    head+wall;
    law1 = 0;
    law2 = 1;
    }
    Last edited by Nevada carrier; 03-05-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com