Thread: Pop Tarts are now a weapon ---

Banned

Pop Tarts are now a weapon ---

http://www.ktnv.com/news/watercooler/194673111.html

7-year-old Josh Welch was eating a Pop-Tart at school. A teacher saw the pastry and said she thought it looked like it was being shaped into a gun.

In MD ... anybody surprised with this anymore?

When admin start paying $$$ out of their nose, then they'll stop

Re: Pop Tarts are now a weapon ---

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://www.ktnv.com/news/watercooler/194673111.html

7-year-old Josh Welch was eating a Pop-Tart at school. A teacher saw the pastry and said she thought it looked like it was being shaped into a gun.

In MD ... anybody surprised with this anymore?

When admin start paying $$$ out of their nose, then they'll stop
    Sad day in this country, when a kid can't be a kid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

At no point can a pastry be shaped into a gun. It can only be formed into a different shaped pastry.

Those administrators are fools.

How in the world can teacher like this be considered a teachers. At the age of seven do you loose your right of freedom of speech. And people wonder why others go over the edge at times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Super6O View Post
    At no point can a pastry be shaped into a gun. It can only be formed into a different shaped pastry.

Those administrators are fools.

At no point can a fool be shaped into an administrator. He can only be formed into a different-shaped fool.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Which is why if I'm ever elected sheriff I'd find some obscure law to charge these admins and hall them in to the clink. After all, the laws the law, and there should be zero tolerance and we can't let people break it. There's gotta be some reconstruction era law about allowing children to go to school or something, maybe official misconduct, something that would stick just good enough to give them a night in the slammer
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Which is why if I'm ever elected sheriff I'd find some obscure law to charge these admins and hall them in to the clink. After all, the laws the law, and there should be zero tolerance and we can't let people break it. There's gotta be some reconstruction era law about allowing children to go to school or something, maybe official misconduct, something that would stick just good enough to give them a night in the slammer
    Although I like the sentiment presented here, I don't think the answer is more harassment by "authorities" using "obscure" laws.

Simple dismissal works fine for me, they should find jobs where they are not protected by unions and public sentiment.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Although I like the sentiment presented here, I don't think the answer is more harassment by "authorities" using "obscure" laws.

Simple dismissal works fine for me, they should find jobs where they are not protected by unions and public sentiment.
    I dunno, I don't know about Washington but I think that most states should have some civil rights era law about depriving children of an education or something like that, or if they call the police or the SRO to be there while enforcing policy a loose case can be made for obstructing a public servant or false use of an emergency line.... Although admittedly I'd never really do something that extreme. What I think parents should do, if something stupid like that happens at a school all the parents should refuse to allow their children to go, once the schools funding comes to a halt the admins will chance their minds.

People aren't going to be "just fired" though. that decision would lead to a wrongful termination suit right away because that purely involves employer policy, and railroading a government worker for following government policy will just get the state sued. however if the worker violates the law while obeying employer policy, an arrest/citation would be kosher...

I don't nessecarily agree with taking away government workers unions, working in the government you'll eventually piss people off, and I don't want to see people who did nothing wrong get shafted because they annoyed someone with connections. at least at the floor level, non-supervisory employees and low-level supervisors should have union protection.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

stupid thing is that they dinged the kid for an "inappropriate gesture" ... pointed the partially eaten pop-tart and said "bang". Would it have been inappropriate if the child was just an incompetent pastry sculptor and had tried to fashion a hand with a finger pointing instead of a pseudo-gun?
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

It's funny that you should say that.

So would you arrest those who are committing fraud, conversion, conspiracy to deny the rights of a citizen?

Besides, I thought that Poptarts contained poison/toxins and is it not illegal to feed a child poisons?
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 03-05-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Here is a link to the school. I called and let them know that I thought that did a BANG up job removing this thug kid , and his dangerous pop tart. I also warned them to be on the look out for shoe laces that may be tied up to look like guns. You can never be to safe

http://www.aacps.org/aacps/parkes/contact.asp

Banned
    Bloomberg read this story and had a double heart attack ... Pop Tarts (they are bad for you) .. and a GUN (oh my God, call an ambulance)

<snip> What I think parents should do, if something stupid like that happens at a school all the parents should refuse to allow their children to go, once the schools funding comes to a halt the admins will chance their minds.
    I am not sure how WA works it, but property taxes pay for schools. Any additional funding from the feds would likely not be needed if no students showed up to school. So, we would still have teachers and staff going to school, getting paid, and doing even less now than when kids were present.

I don't necessarily agree with taking away government workers unions, working in the government you'll eventually piss people off, and I don't want to see people who did nothing wrong get shafted because they annoyed someone with connections. at least at the floor level, non-supervisory employees and low-level supervisors should have union protection.
    Interesting. It seems that it is the "floor-worker", aka teachers, who are ratting out these dangerous, pop-tart wielding, seven year old thugs. Then it is a conspiracy between the "floor-worker" and administrators to implement "corrective" measures.

Looking at my pop-tart nutrition facts, it seems that the feds could investigate this incident. There is 14g of total fat per serving (two pastries),4.5g of Sat fat, 350mg of sodium, 30g of sugar, and 68g of carbs. 420 calories with 130 fat calories. These things are definately going to get Michelle O. interested. I'm sure Doomburg is formulating a plan to ban even as I eat mine. New yorkers need to start hoarding to be grandfathered in.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare