Thread: I found this app for smart phones..

I found this app for smart phones..

I'm checking out this app for Android phones, that brings up, or helps searches for case laws, rulings, and it looks like local ordinances.

I'm not sure what information is considered dated, as I just found it tonight. It does provide gun information, which was my reasoning for sharing it here.

Here's a example..
    18.2-283. Carrying dangerous weapon to place of religious worship.

If any person carry any gun, pistol, bowie knife, dagger or other dangerous weapon, without good and sufficient reason, to a place of worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held at such place he shall be guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor.

I didn't know if this app would help anyone new to carrying here in VA, or help out someone experienced finding info on the fly. I did a search, nothing showed up.

Hope it helps.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...z+va+legal+app

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by mpguy; 03-04-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mpguy View Post
    I'm checking out this app for Android phones, that brings up, or helps searches for case laws, rulings, and it looks like local ordinances.

I'm not sure what information is considered dated, as I just found it tonight. It does provide gun information, which was my reasoning for sharing it here.

Here's a example..
    18.2-283. Carrying dangerous weapon to place of religious worship.

If any person carry any gun, pistol, bowie knife, dagger or other dangerous weapon, without good and sufficient reason, to a place of worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held at such place he shall be guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor.

I didn't know if this app would help anyone new to carrying here in VA, or help out someone experienced finding info on the fly. I did a search, nothing showed up.

Hope it helps.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...z+va+legal+app

"good and sufficient reason" I believe self defense qualifies, does it not? Just google church shootings and see the shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    "good and sufficient reason" I believe self defense qualifies, does it not? Just google church shootings and see the shootings.
    I think that there is also an app called qik and one called bambuser... google might answer that.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Re: I found this app for smart phones..

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    I know. I just posted this, as a way to have all the info at the push of a button on your phone, instead of going through 10 button pushes.

The law quoted was just an example of what you can find, so it follows forum rules.