• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I found this app for smart phones..

mpguy

I'm checking out this app for Android phones, that brings up, or helps searches for case laws, rulings, and it looks like local ordinances.

I'm not sure what information is considered dated, as I just found it tonight. It does provide gun information, which was my reasoning for sharing it here.

Here's a example..
§ 18.2-283. Carrying dangerous weapon to place of religious worship.

If any person carry any gun, pistol, bowie knife, dagger or other dangerous weapon, without good and sufficient reason, to a place of worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held at such place he shall be guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor.

I didn't know if this app would help anyone new to carrying here in VA, or help out someone experienced finding info on the fly. I did a search, nothing showed up.

Hope it helps.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...e&utm_medium=organic&utm_term=ez+va+legal+app

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

va_tazdad

I'm checking out this app for Android phones, that brings up, or helps searches for case laws, rulings, and it looks like local ordinances.

I'm not sure what information is considered dated, as I just found it tonight. It does provide gun information, which was my reasoning for sharing it here.

Here's a example..
§ 18.2-283. Carrying dangerous weapon to place of religious worship.

If any person carry any gun, pistol, bowie knife, dagger or other dangerous weapon, without good and sufficient reason, to a place of worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held at such place he shall be guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor.

I didn't know if this app would help anyone new to carrying here in VA, or help out someone experienced finding info on the fly. I did a search, nothing showed up.

Hope it helps.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...e&utm_medium=organic&utm_term=ez+va+legal+app

"good and sufficient reason" I believe self defense qualifies, does it not? Just google church shootings and see the shootings.

mpguy

"good and sufficient reason" I believe self defense qualifies, does it not? Just google church shootings and see the shootings.

I know. I just posted this, as a way to have all the info at the push of a button on your phone, instead of going through 10 button pushes.

The law quoted was just an example of what you can find, so it follows forum rules.