Thread: Restaurants in Mesa/Gilbert that are okay with carry?

Restaurants in Mesa/Gilbert that are okay with carry?

Looking to expand my personal list of eateries in the East Valley (Mesa/Gilbert area) that are okay with OC/CC. Any suggestions? I'm also interested in writing to those who have a problem with it, so feel free to share them with me as well if you'd like.

Thanks.

Re: Restaurants in Mesa/Gilbert that are okay with carry?

Well a couple of points - never ask permission if it is not posted & you know it's legal to carry there. This just gives somone like the under-assistant to the fry cook a chance to invoke power they don't really have. If you are CCing well - then you should be the only one who ever knows. Contacting places that are anti carry is usually a exercise in futility. They just don't get my money, or my families, or the friends of the afore mentioned. In the past some OCers have organized large OC outings at places they liked & sent the receipts to a place nearby that was anti explaining that they would love to try the place but cannot due to personal saftey concerns. From what l'm told none of them have changed or posted security.

On the otherhand most fast food places T-bell, McD's, Arby's take the tact of: we honor state laws - so they would be OC friendly here in AZ. Keep us updated on your adventures.

ETA- Forgot starbuck's as a OC friendly place..despite the Brady bunch crying up a storm, and trying to boycott them - they have stuck with the follow state law model & have seen their profits steadily grow.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 03-06-2013 at 12:12 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Well a couple of points - never ask permission if it is not posted & you know it's legal to carry there. This just gives somone like the under-assistant to the fry cook a chance to invoke power they don't really have. If you are CCing well - then you should be the only one who ever knows. Contacting places that are anti carry is usually a exercise in futility. They just don't get my money, or my families, or the friends of the afore mentioned. In the past some OCers have organized large OC outings at places they liked & sent the receipts to a place nearby that was anti explaining that they would love to try the place but cannot due to personal saftey concerns. From what l'm told none of them have changed or posted security.

On the otherhand most fast food places T-bell, McD's, Arby's take the tact of: we honor state laws - so they would be OC friendly here in AZ. Keep us updated on your adventures.

ETA- Forgot starbuck's as a OC friendly place..despite the Brady bunch crying up a storm, and trying to boycott them - they have stuck with the follow state law model & have seen their profits steadily grow.
    I agree; I never ask a place directly if they are okay with OC/CC beforehand. However, if the place is posted or I am asked to leave/remove my weapon, I almost always complain to the appropriate upper-echelon. I have had success in the past with this approach, as last year my complaint prompted the owner of the Carraba's at Superstition Springs to take down his sign. I stand by my conviction that no guns = no money.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by The Trickster View Post
    I agree; I never ask a place directly if they are okay with OC/CC beforehand. However, if the place is posted or I am asked to leave/remove my weapon, I almost always complain to the appropriate upper-echelon. I have had success in the past with this approach, as last year my complaint prompted the owner of the Carraba's at Superstition Springs to take down his sign. I stand by my conviction that no guns = no money.
    Outstanding! Well done.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi