• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Karma gotta love it...

Sheldon

from Oregon man accidentally killed by AR-15 he had just stolen

by Jeff Thompson, KGW.com Staff

NWCN.com

Posted on March 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM

INDEPENDENCE, Ore. -- A man was killed when an AR-15 rifle he had just stolen from a Polk County farm discharged Sunday morning, police said.

Deputies responding to the report of a gunshot victim in the 5600 block of Halls Ferry Road found the suspect, 19-year-old Genaro Hernandez Mendoza of West Salem, dead inside a farm truck, said Polk County Sheriff's Office Detective John Williams.

Investigators learned that the truck had been stolen from a home on Independence Highway earlier that morning, along with a rifle, a shotgun and several other items.

"The evidence showed that while Hernandez Mendoza was driving away from the scene he was the victim of an accidental, self-inflicted gun shot wound from the rifle he had just taken," Williams said.

Williams added that the AR-15 rifle and the shotgun were both angled with their butts on the floorboard and their barrels pointed upward, toward the driver's seat. On the bumpy farm road, the bolt head of the shotgun apparently bumped against the rifle's trigger, firing one shot that hit the suspect and exited through the roof.

The suspect seemed to have acted alone in the burglary, Sheriff Bob Wolfe said.

OC for ME

He may get his shotgun back at some point, but the AR-15 has demonstrated that it is unsafe for human operation and thus will be destroyed to protect the public. Or, it will be retrained and issued to professionals who know how to use and control a wayward AR-15.

Freedom1Man

I would have this to say about the guy in the story.
35826469.jpg