• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sb 1670 outright ban!!!

ADulay

GENERAL BILL by Joyner

Assault Weapons and Magazines; Prohibiting a person from manufacturing, importing, possessing, purchasing, selling, or transferring any assault weapon or large-capacity magazine; requiring the Department of Law Enforcement to provide every county sheriff with the training and forms necessary to perform background checks and register assault weapons and large-capacity magazines with the department; increasing criminal penalties for the possession or use of an assault weapon during the commission of certain specified offenses, etc.

Last Action: 03/02/2013 Filed

First off, Senator/congressperson Joyner is an idiot.

She has already introduced several other real pieces of crap that she calls "legislation", all anti-gun and equally stupid as this one.

The bill already contradicts itself. It would be illegal to possess a high capacity magazine or "assault weapon" (whatever the hell that is), but then the sheriff's dept will get trained to register "assault weapons" and large capacity magazines. WTF?

Does anybody actually read this crap before they offer it up to the assembly?

What a bunch of clowns and morons we have up in Tallahassee.

Ms. Joyner should stick to whatever her area of expertise is and it sure isn't anything having to do with guns.

AD

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
(8) REGISTRATION OF ASSAULT WEAPONS OR LARGE-CAPACITY
234 MAGAZINES IN CIRCULATION BEFORE JULY 1, 2013; FUTURE
235 COMPLIANCE.—
236 (a) Notwithstanding ss. 790.335 and 790.336, a person who
237 is in lawful possession of an assault weapon or large-capacity
238 magazine before July 1, 2013, has until December 31, 2013 to do
239 the following without being subject to criminal prosecution for
240 possession of the weapon or magazine:
241 1. Unless the person is currently prohibited by law from
242 possessing a firearm, immediately register the assault weapon in
243 his or her possession, with no more than three large-capacity
244 magazines, with the department, through the person’s local
245 sheriff, and dispose of any remaining large-capacity magazines
246 in his or her possession by any method listed in paragraph
247 (6)(a); and

You get to keep 'em but you must register and can only have 3 mags ...

How they can limit the # of mags or the rds per mag is puzzling ...

77zach

Please tell me that I read this wrong! This appears to be the same as the bill in New York.
http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2013/1670

The thread 2013 session already had this. This bill will go nowhere. This is the demoncrats sticking to their "principles" of criminal empowerment and victim disarmament.

Notice no opposite principles by any republicans. No sponsors of an OC bill so we don't expose the neocons.

Edge

SB 1670 Loonie Left

What can I do as a citizen of Florida to prevent ANY of this bill from passing? If I wanted to be like the loonies in Ca or New England I would move there. I want to be able to maintain my 2nd amendment right as I have given 10 years(USN-USCG Enlisted) of my life in support of the constitution. All of my senate and reps are Dems so they are going to vote the party extremist left line. I don't have much of a chance in supporting a pro 2nd amendment candidate that will try and stop this bill as I live in Tallahassee.

This is ridiculous that they can dominate the National and Fl State agendas with utter stupidity. But the "loonies" as I have begun to think of them won't do anything about our national or state unemployment rates, deficits and the more important issues facing our Nation and State.

What is a poor boy to do?

notalawyer

What can I do as a citizen of Florida to prevent ANY of this bill from passing? If I wanted to be like the loonies in Ca or New England I would move there. I want to be able to maintain my 2nd amendment right as I have given 10 years(USN-USCG Enlisted) of my life in support of the constitution. All of my senate and reps are Dems so they are going to vote the party extremist left line. I don't have much of a chance in supporting a pro 2nd amendment candidate that will try and stop this bill as I live in Tallahassee.

This is ridiculous that they can dominate the National and Fl State agendas with utter stupidity. But the "loonies" as I have begun to think of them won't do anything about our national or state unemployment rates, deficits and the more important issues facing our Nation and State.

Write your Senators and Representatives:

http://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/

http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Representatives/myrepresentative.aspx

Respectfully tell them your feelings on specific bills. Include bill numbers.

cforlizzo

(8) REGISTRATION OF ASSAULT WEAPONS OR LARGE-CAPACITY
234 MAGAZINES IN CIRCULATION BEFORE JULY 1, 2013; FUTURE
235 COMPLIANCE.—
236 (a) Notwithstanding ss. 790.335 and 790.336, a person who
237 is in lawful possession of an assault weapon or large-capacity
238 magazine before July 1, 2013, has until December 31, 2013 to do
239 the following without being subject to criminal prosecution for
240 possession of the weapon or magazine:
241 1. Unless the person is currently prohibited by law from
242 possessing a firearm, immediately register the assault weapon in
243 his or her possession, with no more than three large-capacity
244 magazines, with the department, through the person’s local
245 sheriff, and dispose of any remaining large-capacity magazines
246 in his or her possession by any method listed in paragraph
247 (6)(a); and

You get to keep 'em but you must register and can only have 3 mags ...

How they can limit the # of mags or the rds per mag is puzzling ...

(a)Any person who has lawful possession of an assault
178 weapon or large-capacity magazine in this state before July 1,
179 2013, has until December 31, 2013 to:
180 1.Lawfully transfer the assault weapon or large-capacity
181 magazine to a person outside this state or to an agency that may
182 lawfully possess an assault weapon or large-capacity magazine;
183 2.Have the assault weapon or magazine modified to render
184 it permanently inoperable; or
185 3.Take other action, as provided under (8), to ensure that
186 continued possession of the assault weapon or large-capacity
187 magazine is not in violation of state or federal law.

Rich7553

This:

www.floridacarry.org/join