Thread: Chavez is dead ! Ahhh, what a shame

Banned

Chavez is dead ! Ahhh, what a shame

http://www.latimes.com/news/world/wo...,7894283.story

CARACAS, Venezuela -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, a barrel-chested former paratrooper who tapped his nation's oil wealth to deliver social welfare programs for the impoverished masses, died Tuesday at a Caracas military hospital where he was moved last month after a 10-week stay in Cuba for cancer treatment, Vice President Nicolas Maduro told national television.

Maduro said Chavez died at 4:25 p.m.

Founder's Club Member
    No offense, McBeth, but most of us do catch the news on other communication channels besides this forum.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    No offense, McBeth, but most of us do catch the news on other communication channels besides this forum.
    Good catch Citizen - appreciate the help and support.

Maybe this fits better in General Discussion with Chevez being so notoriously anti gun, anti self-defence for the general population.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-06-2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: spelling
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

Maybe this fits better in General Discussion with Chevez being so notoriously anti gun, anti self-defence for the general popultin.
    If it was Feinstein ... nobody would care which bucket is was tossed into ...

Banned

Maybe this fits better in General Discussion with Chevez being so notoriously anti gun, anti self-defence for the general popultin.
    I wouldn't give this thread even that much credit. It is Social Lounge material at best.

Originally Posted by Grapeshot

Maybe this fits better in General Discussion with Chevez being so notoriously anti gun, anti self-defence for the general population.
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I wouldn't give this thread even that much credit. It is Social Lounge material at best.
    You didn't detect a trace of sarcasm? I used rule #21 too......well not quite.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-06-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Banned
    You didn't detect a trace of sarcasm? I used rule #21 too......well not quite.
    Oh, I did. I just ignored it completely , unabashedly using (abusing?) the opportunity to totally disrespect this thread!

Why would anyone subject themselves to the bias evident on other communications channels? The truth is routinely found here on OCDO. No other source of news is required. Directing others to patronage other organizations does not serve OCDO well.

Consider yourself mildly rebuked for suggesting such a thing.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned

Chavez is dead ! Ahhh, what a shame

Some posters here can be counted on for accurate information. Others, not so much.

For factual matters, I would trust the media over certain posters here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    If it was Feinstein ... nobody would care which bucket is was tossed into ...
    I'd go to the evil witch's funeral.
    Just to spit on her face would be worth it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Oh, I did. I just ignored it completely , unabashedly using (abusing?) the opportunity to totally disrespect this thread!
    You'll go blind abusing threads !

XOXO to eye95

Quote Originally Posted by eye95
    I wouldn't give this thread even that much credit.
    It is Social Lounge material at best.
    I was wondering how this related to OC. Agree it should be moved.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Why would anyone subject themselves to the bias evident on other communications channels? The truth is routinely found here on OCDO. No other source of news is required. Directing others to patronage other organizations does not serve OCDO well.

(chuckle) You have a point there.

Just be careful or Katsung47 will be citing you as a source of credibility.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned

How would you learn if not for looking at other media outlets? One must learn how the enemy thinks ...

(chuckle) You have a point there.

Just be careful or Katsung47 will be citing you as a source of credibility.
    I will take this as a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    How would you learn if not for looking at other media outlets? One must learn how the enemy thinks ...
    No, one has no need to learn what the enemy thinks. If a liberty centric citizen does not know what the enemy thinks by now no amount of "learning" we aid in gaining knowledge.

Until proven otherwise (on a case by case basis) the rule is perfect in all respects, liberals are democrats, liberals are anti-liberty and thus anti-citizen.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned

No, one has no need to learn what the enemy thinks. If a liberty centric citizen does not know what the enemy thinks by now no amount of "learning" we aid in gaining knowledge.

Until proven otherwise (on a case by case basis) the rule is perfect in all respects, liberals are democrats, liberals are anti-liberty and thus anti-citizen.
    But one can highlight to others that the real push for "gun control" is really a push to eliminate guns altogether. And what if one found out that foreign agents are behind some ideas ... that would surly show the citizenry of their true objective: to weaken our defense capabilities .. the the glee of foreign powers.

I do not know of a single liberty centric citizen that does not accept, at face value, and without further explanation, that liberals seek the revocation of lawful gun ownership by the citizenry, with exceptions for the privileged class of liberals.

What I find ironic is that "gun owning liberals" vote for liberals, of the privileged class of liberals, who will relieve them of their guns, by force if required, because most liberals are not considered a member of the privileged class of liberals.

I do not know of a single liberty centric citizen that does not accept, at face value, and without further explanation, that liberals seek the revocation of lawful gun ownership by the citizenry, with exceptions for the privileged class of liberals.

What I find ironic is that "gun owning liberals" vote for liberals, of the privileged class of liberals, who will relieve them of their guns, by force if required, because most liberals are not considered a member of the privileged class of liberals.
    That is a stand alone argument.