• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chavez is dead ! Ahhh, what a shame

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.latimes.com/news/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-chavez-dies-20130305,0,7894283.story

CARACAS, Venezuela -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, a barrel-chested former paratrooper who tapped his nation's oil wealth to deliver social welfare programs for the impoverished masses, died Tuesday at a Caracas military hospital where he was moved last month after a 10-week stay in Cuba for cancer treatment, Vice President Nicolas Maduro told national television.

Maduro said Chavez died at 4:25 p.m.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
No offense, McBeth, but most of us do catch the news on other communication channels besides this forum.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
No offense, McBeth, but most of us do catch the news on other communication channels besides this forum.
Good catch Citizen - appreciate the help and support. :)

Maybe this fits better in General Discussion with Chevez being so notoriously anti gun, anti self-defence for the general population.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

Maybe this fits better in General Discussion with Chevez being so notoriously anti gun, anti self-defence for the general popultin.

If it was Feinstein ... nobody would care which bucket is was tossed into ... ;)

eye95

Maybe this fits better in General Discussion with Chevez being so notoriously anti gun, anti self-defence for the general popultin.

I wouldn't give this thread even that much credit. It is Social Lounge material at best.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

Good catch Citizen - appreciate the help and support.
smile.png

Maybe this fits better in General Discussion with Chevez being so notoriously anti gun, anti self-defence for the general population.

I wouldn't give this thread even that much credit. It is Social Lounge material at best.

You didn't detect a trace of sarcasm? I used rule #21 too......well not quite.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Why would anyone subject themselves to the bias evident on other communications channels? The truth is routinely found here on OCDO. No other source of news is required. Directing others to patronage other organizations does not serve OCDO well.

Consider yourself mildly rebuked for suggesting such a thing.

eye95

Some posters here can be counted on for accurate information. Others, not so much.

For factual matters, I would trust the media over certain posters here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Why would anyone subject themselves to the bias evident on other communications channels? The truth is routinely found here on OCDO. No other source of news is required. Directing others to patronage other organizations does not serve OCDO well.

(chuckle) You have a point there.

Just be careful or Katsung47 will be citing you as a source of credibility. :)

davidmcbeth

Banned

How would you learn if not for looking at other media outlets? One must learn how the enemy thinks ...

OC for ME

(chuckle) You have a point there.

Just be careful or Katsung47 will be citing you as a source of credibility. :)
I will take this as a compliment.

How would you learn if not for looking at other media outlets? One must learn how the enemy thinks ...
No, one has no need to learn what the enemy thinks. If a liberty centric citizen does not know what the enemy thinks by now no amount of "learning" we aid in gaining knowledge.

Until proven otherwise (on a case by case basis) the rule is perfect in all respects, liberals are democrats, liberals are anti-liberty and thus anti-citizen.

davidmcbeth

Banned
No, one has no need to learn what the enemy thinks. If a liberty centric citizen does not know what the enemy thinks by now no amount of "learning" we aid in gaining knowledge.

Until proven otherwise (on a case by case basis) the rule is perfect in all respects, liberals are democrats, liberals are anti-liberty and thus anti-citizen.

But one can highlight to others that the real push for "gun control" is really a push to eliminate guns altogether. And what if one found out that foreign agents are behind some ideas ... that would surly show the citizenry of their true objective: to weaken our defense capabilities .. the the glee of foreign powers.

OC for ME

I do not know of a single liberty centric citizen that does not accept, at face value, and without further explanation, that liberals seek the revocation of lawful gun ownership by the citizenry, with exceptions for the privileged class of liberals.

What I find ironic is that "gun owning liberals" vote for liberals, of the privileged class of liberals, who will relieve them of their guns, by force if required, because most liberals are not considered a member of the privileged class of liberals.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I do not know of a single liberty centric citizen that does not accept, at face value, and without further explanation, that liberals seek the revocation of lawful gun ownership by the citizenry, with exceptions for the privileged class of liberals.

What I find ironic is that "gun owning liberals" vote for liberals, of the privileged class of liberals, who will relieve them of their guns, by force if required, because most liberals are not considered a member of the privileged class of liberals.

That is a stand alone argument. :uhoh: