Thread: Teen with air rifle prompts school lockdown

Teen with air rifle prompts school lockdown

http://journaltimes.com/news/local/c...a4bcf887a.html

We such a pansified nation. I know there are several on this forum that remember bring rifles to school in their youth. Apparently walking by a school is a threat now...

Even if he was carrying a rifle instead of a pellet gun, would that GFZ work at all?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    http://journaltimes.com/news/local/c...a4bcf887a.html

We such a pansified nation. I know there are several on this forum that remember bring rifles to school in their youth. Apparently walking by a school is a threat now...

Even if he was carrying a rifle instead of a pellet gun, would that GFZ work at all?
    More then once I brought real guns to school on the bus then put them in my locker so I could go to my buddys house for a weekend of hunting.

Then when I could drive there were guns in my vehicle at school many times.

Because I trapped,hunted before school or going after school

This was in the early 70's
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

FUQ:
    North Cape Elementary School was temporarily on lockdown Friday, March 1 because a teenager with an air rifle walked by the school

OK, I can see some panty-wetter not knowing the difference between a pellet rifle & a real rifle, esp. at a distance. But he was walking past. He apparently wasn't aiming at anyone, just carrying it. (If he'd been doing anything illegal, he probably would have been arrested.)

And they really need to check their facts:
    air rifles donít have the same restrictions as firearms, which must be kept 1,000 feet from schools
    Unless unloaded & encased, or (in the case of pistols) with a license.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post

And they really need to check their facts:

Unless unloaded & encased, or (in the case of pistols) with a license.
    They are generally correct. Except for in or on the grounds of a School, a licensee is not required to unload and encase a rifle or shotgun either. You may Open Carry your AR15 in a GFSZ.

(2) Possession of firearm in school zone.
    (a) Any individual who knowingly possesses a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is in or on the grounds of a school is guilty of a Class I felony. Any individual who knowingly possesses a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is within 1,000 feet of the grounds of a school is subject to a Class B forfeiture.
    (b) Paragraph (a) does not apply to the possession of a firearm by any of the following:
    1m. A person who possesses the firearm in accordance with 18 USC 922 (q) (2) (B) (i), (iv), (v), (vi), or (vii).
    1r. Except if the person is in or on the grounds of a school, a licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (d), or an out-of-state licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (g).