• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Teen with air rifle prompts school lockdown

Firearms Iinstuctor

http://journaltimes.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/bbf14146-8660-11e2-97b6-001a4bcf887a.html

We such a pansified nation. I know there are several on this forum that remember bring rifles to school in their youth. Apparently walking by a school is a threat now... :rolleyes:

Even if he was carrying a rifle instead of a pellet gun, would that GFZ work at all?

More then once I brought real guns to school on the bus then put them in my locker so I could go to my buddys house for a weekend of hunting.

Then when I could drive there were guns in my vehicle at school many times.

Because I trapped,hunted before school or going after school

This was in the early 70's

MKEgal

FUQ:
North Cape Elementary School was temporarily on lockdown Friday, March 1 because a teenager with an air rifle walked by the school
:banghead:
OK, I can see some panty-wetter not knowing the difference between a pellet rifle & a real rifle, esp. at a distance. But he was walking past. He apparently wasn't aiming at anyone, just carrying it. (If he'd been doing anything illegal, he probably would have been arrested.)

And they really need to check their facts:
air rifles don’t have the same restrictions as firearms, which must be kept 1,000 feet from schools
Unless unloaded & encased, or (in the case of pistols) with a license.

Interceptor_Knight

And they really need to check their facts:

Unless unloaded & encased, or (in the case of pistols) with a license.
They are generally correct. Except for in or on the grounds of a School, a licensee is not required to unload and encase a rifle or shotgun either. You may Open Carry your AR15 in a GFSZ.

(2) Possession of firearm in school zone.
(a) Any individual who knowingly possesses a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is in or on the grounds of a school is guilty of a Class I felony. Any individual who knowingly possesses a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is within 1,000 feet of the grounds of a school is subject to a Class B forfeiture.
(b) Paragraph (a) does not apply to the possession of a firearm by any of the following:
1m. A person who possesses the firearm in accordance with 18 USC 922 (q) (2) (B) (i), (iv), (v), (vi), or (vii).
1r. Except if the person is in or on the grounds of a school, a licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (d), or an out-of-state licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (g).