• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attorney for man accused in shooting spree calls $50K bail 'ludicrous'

protias

MKEgal

Long guns are off-topic...

But I don't see how this really could have happened. I think it's all a hoax. The guy has been a felon since 1990, when he was 19. Since then, he's been convicted of 2 more felonies and 2 misdemeanor drug charges, so he's 5x a prohibited person. There's no way he could have possessed a firearm.

And while there are some old records missing, from the beginning of his adult criminal career, all that's showing on CCAP as far as punishment is some fines and a total of about 2 months in jail.
30 charges, 14 convictions, and that's all that's showing up as punishment.

JoeSparky

Centurion
I happen to agree with the attorney of this lifetime career 5X loser criminal.... $50,000 bail is LUDICROUS! The bail amount should have at least 1 more 0 following the 1 and prior to any decimal point!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Getting to be a softy ... ;)

But hey, this is the guy's lawyer .. its his job asking for low bail ...
Flinty on the outside, some would even say crusty - works for me. I just keep on rollin'......

Personally, I very much want my attorney doing his job to the nth degree, the first and every time.
AND it is my desire/goal to make his job as easy as I can by NOT intentionally performing illegal acts.