• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Warsaw to talk about ordinance 131 Monday/KC3 suit

ps1mhd

Stopped by Warsaw city hall today and asked If city ordinance 131 was still on the books.
Was told that it is but that at Mondays city meeting they will be talking about repealing it.
There was a LEO there when I walked in OCing with thigh holster and 1911.
Not one word about it from anyone:D They are learning.
Just to make sure I can OC at the meeting?
This is the reason KC3 is sueing.

131.02 CONCEALED WEAPONS UPON CITY PROPERTY.
(A) A person is guilty of carrying a concealed weapon upon the City of Warsaw property when he carries a concealed firearm upon his person upon City of Warsaw property without legal authority to do so.

(B) To be effective, this prohibition and violation must be posted in a reasonable manner.

(Ord. 1996.007, passed 7-8-96)

§ 131.03 VIOLATION.
Violation of § 131.02 of this chapter is a Class A misdemeanor as defined by the Kentucky Revised Statutes.

(Ord. 1996.007, passed 7-8-96)

Mike

flb_78

when he carries a concealed firearm upon his person upon City of Warsaw property without legal authority to do so

Wouldn't a CCDW be "legal authority to do so", since concealed carry is illegal without a license?

Tmhrr

when he carries a concealed firearm upon his person upon City of Warsaw property without legal authority to do so

Wouldn't a CCDW be "legal authority to do so", since concealed carry is illegal without a license?

I believe that this would be the case however,

The problem is 65.870 only allows ordinances that are specificilly authorized by state law, which the only known statue is 237.115 which allows the regulation of cc in BUILDINGS that the city or county ownes and the ordinace cannot attach a criminal penalty.

This ordinance goes beyond what is allowed by trying to regulate CC on all city property and makes the offence a Class A misdemeanor

ps1mhd

All they did was to have the first reading of the motion to repeal 131.2 and 3.
I do not understand this. If its against KRS 65.870 shouldn't it just be dropped w/o all the BS.

Mike

ps1mhd

All they did was to have the first reading of the motion to repeal 131.2 and 3.
I do not understand this. If its against KRS 65.870 shouldn't it just be dropped w/o all the BS.

Mike

Forgot I was OC. Sheriff and other LEOs were there.
Talked with others only positive responds or questions about my firearm.

Mike