• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Koap!

Aknazer

Don't forget that the acceptable knives can't have a molded grip or locking blade either. So really the only knives I know of that meet the requirement are swiss army knives as I don't know of any other non-locking blades.

eye95

Don't forget that the acceptable knives can't have a molded grip or locking blade either. So really the only knives I know of that meet the requirement are swiss army knives as I don't know of any other non-locking blades.

On the TSA blog, I see the non-locking blade requirement, but I don't see anything about molded grips. May I ask where you found that?

Aknazer

Last edited:

eye95

Interesting that the TSA would provide that information to the media, but not post it on their own website designed for travelers to get necessary information to minimize interaction with the geTSApo.

Also, their definition of "blade" is off. The blade should be the sharpened part. Instead, to them, it is the metal bit. Also, "molded" has a lot of different meanings. They don't define the term, but it seems they mean molded to fit the fingers of the hand. Frankly, almost all handles are molded. They differ in the shape into which they are molded.

I guess, like collapsible stocks making .226" round more lethal, grips molded to fit fingers add to the deadliness of a 2.36" blade.

Ya gotta love government.

On my next flight, I think I'll use a tiny Swiss Army knife to clean my fingernails and freak out a flight attendant. "EEK, he could puncture somebody's skin! Thank God the grip is not molded to fit his fingers. The victim could get tetanus and die!"

This does give me a chance to ask one of my favorite questions: Given all the harassment, groping, and general violations of our rights we have suffered at the hands of TSA agents as we try to make our flights, how many terrorists have these airport Checkpoint Charlies actually stopped?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<O>

Last edited: