• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finally, someone asked me about my gun.

SFCRetired

The only, and I do mean ONLY, person to ever comment on my 1911 clone's condition was a deputy sheriff. He also did not like the fact that I was open carrying. Educated the young man on the spot. It helped that we were in a Chinese friend's restaurant. Friend is very happy that I come in regularly with my pistol on my hip.

Gary S

That wouldn't surprise me. The parallel FB post that this thread generated had posts from someone who tried really hard to convince us how qualified he was to tell everyone else what to do.
I think it was that same person, I remember the posts being here, but are gone now.

Aknazer

This is more common than you know(for outside striker/hammer configs)
1 beretta 92/96 in A1 or not(safety/hammer drop lever)
2 beretta px4 storm(safety/hammer drop lever)
3 probably many other berettas but those mentioned are the only I can say from first hand experience..
4. Any sig sauer with a manual hammer drop lever for example my 229.

As for internal striker, I am not aware of any safe way to do it.

But I was specifically talking about striker fired and not hammer configs (I've never heard the term "outside striker" and thus do not know what you're talking about with it). Personally I've never seen any striker weapon with a "decocking" feature. I know plenty of hammer pistols have a feature to decock them; especially since part of the military training on the 92FS is decocking the gun before reholstering it (and we reholster every 3-9 shots in training), but again I wasn't talking about them.