UNC School of Government is offering a free webinar (registration required) on the 20th of March.
Gun Control and the Second Amendment
In this free webinar, School of Government faculty member Jeff Welty explores the law of guns and gun control. Topics to be addressed include:
- The Second Amendment
- The right to bear arms under North Carolina’s state constitution
- Existing federal and state gun laws
- Proposed gun regulations, including the proposed federal assault weapons ban
- City and county power to regulate guns
- Whether state law enforcement officers may or must enforce federal gun laws
- The legal status of “open carry”
Participants will also be able to submit questions during the webinar.
If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.