• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mans home invaded

papa bear

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well the linked story talks about a memo sent to schools and has a link .. to another story, not the memo, so I have issues with the article due to this. The veracity of the article is in question IMO.

This will all come out during the trial. I'll wait until then.

papa bear

confused on what you are talking about. the link i posted takes me to the story, and the video. maybe you are posting to the wrong thread.

if anyone else is having trouble please let me know

Last edited:

eye95

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Your link works perfectly, unlike certain posters.

I await further word on this case. We now have one side of the story. If I get a chance to hear the other side, I can make a decision whether to help this man defray his expenses. I suspect that the other side is going to be total Bravo Sierra, but need to hear it before passing judgment.

Any idea where we can get ahold of the official police version of events?

FreeInAZ

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Your link works perfectly, unlike certain posters.

I await further word on this case. We now have one side of the story. If I get a chance to hear the other side, I can make a decision whether to help this man defray his expenses. I suspect that the other side is going to be total Bravo Sierra, but need to hear it before passing judgment.

Bravo Sierra - for our non military types. This seems to be a play right out of "the rogue cop" handbook. Someone makes you look bad you spank them using the "machine" aka "legal" system. Doesn't matter if they beat the charge, they will think twice before ever doing what you didn't like again. This said, we don't know both sides yet. I can only hope what we get from LE is pure fact with no "tweaking".

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

There is an attorney involved to some degree. Whether he has actually been retained or not isn't clear to me.

Evan Nappen (www.EvanNappen.com) is a criminal defense attorney who has focused on New Jersey firearms and weapons law for over 23 years. He is the author of the New Jersey Gun Law Guide. Visit his website at www.EvanNappen.com

Presuming the story checks out, there will be those willing to chip in and help. Having his bond reduced to a release on personal cognizance is a pretty strong indicator.

Last edited:

papa bear

i would assume you could contact the local police with a FOIA. or maybe even contact the attorney representing the client

appears to be legit story, the way the local media presents it. i know most media is against guns. but then this was done against a black man. that may be why the media is presenting the way it did

i was curious why they showed up in riot gear, just for a no heat call

eye95

i would assume you could contact the local police with a FOIA. or maybe even contact the attorney representing the client

appears to be legit story, the way the local media presents it. i know most media is against guns. but then this was done against a black man. that may be why the media is presenting the way it did

i was curious why they showed up in riot gear, just for a no heat call

I have not seen a local media story, just the one at ammoland. Ammoland has an agenda, which is why I wanted the other side of the story.

eye95

A Jersey City man was arrested after police found an assault rifle in his home similar to the one used in the massacre of 20 students and six teachers in Newtown, Conn., on Dec. 14, officials said.

What does it matter that it was the same? And was the AR even used in Newtown? That seems to be in question.

Bail for Keith Pantaleon, 33, of Tuers Avenue, was set at $75,000 when he appeared in court yesterday on charges related to the Bushmaster assault rifle model XM15-E2S and other weapons.

An AR is NOT and "assault rifle."

The assault rifle had a bayonet mount and its barrel was threaded to accept a muzzle flash suppresser, making it illegal in New Jersey, Deputy Police Chief Peter Nalbach said.

Ammoland said that the firearm is not illegal. Who is telling the truth?

Pantaleon was also charged with unlawfully transporting a large-capacity ammunition magazine when three, 30-round magazines were found at his home Friday, the complaint says. Police did not say what led them to Pantaleon's residence.

Transporting?? They found them in his home. Ammoland seems to know the claimed innocuous reason the police were there.

Police say Adam Lanza was armed with a Bushmaster XM15-E2S rifle and handguns when he killed 20 students ages 7 and under and six staff members at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in December.

What does "was armed with" mean? "Has in the trunk of his car"?

Hudson Catholic High School, which is located near Pantaleon's residence, and another nearby school, Primary Prep Elementary School, sent notices to parents.

In the letter posted on the elementary school's website, director Maureen Hoffman says she was notified by Jersey City Police Chief Tom Comey that a man was arrested in possession of a "dangerous weapon" and ammunition.

"I was assured by the chief of police that there is no indication of terrorist activity . . . As always, school safety is our number one priority," reads the letter.

And these schools needed to freak out why?

Whoever wrote this article is ignorant, biased, and more dangerous than any AR!

Last edited: