• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bank of America on my list to boycott now.

john-in-reno

Bank of Rip you off America has been on my Sh** list for some time

Back in 1990 or 91 I had a charge on my account, and I called the help line and asked what this 30 some odd dollar charge was for and the answer I got was this "I dont know what the charge is for but we have to charge you!"

Well that day I changed banks and have never looked back and try to let people know not to bank with them

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
The Bank of America was originally called the Bank of Italy. Its founder was a fan of Mussolini -- while this is no surprise (most American liberals were fans of Mussolini until America entered WWII), this guy took money out of the bank and went to Italy to support the Fascisti.

To this day, BofA is involved in money laundering for organized crime -- again, no surprise, as many of the bank's early investors were Italian mobsters.

Their Mafia and Fascist origins are reflected in their actions against McMillan and other gunowners. They don't want their current customers to face armed defenders, and they're still holding a grudge over Patton and the 442nd having shot so many of their stockholders.

Last edited:

MP_4_Life

When are these businesses going to learn that we actually DO have rights, BofA actually dropped this guys accounts because of his work.

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/04/bank-of-america-refusing-businesses-that-support-the-2nd-amendment/

Sadly this is the only thing I've seen come up since the explosion of Pro2A and Anti2A that hasn't surprised me. I've always known BoA to be anti2A and have had first hand experiences with their need to disarm it's customers; meanwhile, they hire armed security that fall asleep at the doors or disappear completely while on duty. Glad your changing banks, it's sad for any business to be anti2A, but even worse when they specifically target Pro2A people and then after they got your money, they throw you out on the street.

elga

turborich

I honestly don't understand why anyone would do business with Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Chase, etc. They all suck and stick it to you with ridiculous fees. This crap with Bank of America is just another reason to get away from these mega banks. All of the mega banks are also very illegal alien friendly which is NOT alright with me. Joining a credit union was the best thing we ever did. No unexpected fees, no BS and nice people in general.

wrightme

If you do your banking in your home town, you should use a hometown bank.

If you need to be able to bank away from home, you need a big bank.

Credit unions CAN serve that need well. Many of them combine resources in the "CO-OP" or "STAR" atm network. Granted, unless the credit union is a national one like NFCU, finding physical branches may be difficult; but not a show-stopper for most.

Last edited: