• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Provision in Obama Care supports gun rights

jt59

Here is an interesting bit....I can almost support this now...Provided courtesy of Harry Reid of all people...

Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c

‘‘(c) PROTECTION OF SECOND AMENDMENT GUN
RIGHTS.—‘‘(1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS.—

A wellness and health promotion activity implementation implemented under subsection (a)(1)(D) may not require
the disclosure or collection of any information relating to— ‘‘(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully possessed firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property of an individual; or ‘‘(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition by an individual.

‘‘LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION.—None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any information relating to— ‘‘(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; ‘‘(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or ‘‘(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.

‘‘(3) LIMITATION ON DATABASES OR DATA BANKS.—None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used to maintain records of individual ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition.

http://www.healthcare.gov/law/full/title/x-strengthening-quality.pdf

We should send this down to our WONKS in Olympia...

Last edited: