• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kernersville OC

Tom79G

So I was planning on buying a Glock 19 or possibliy a Glock 22 and starting to Open Carry it. I go to a lot of places in Kernersville for either shopping or different resturants and I would love to know if any of you have had any good or bad experiences happen while in Kernersville? Some of the more frequent places that I go to are Walmart, Don Juans, Gamestop, and Harris Teeter and some of the fast food places. I would also like to know if the LEO's in Kernersville are pretty cool about OC or are they complete butts?

nobama

So I was planning on buying a Glock 19 or possibliy a Glock 22 and starting to Open Carry it. I go to a lot of places in Kernersville for either shopping or different resturants and I would love to know if any of you have had any good or bad experiences happen while in Kernersville? Some of the more frequent places that I go to are Walmart, Don Juans, Gamestop, and Harris Teeter and some of the fast food places. I would also like to know if the LEO's in Kernersville are pretty cool about OC or are they complete butts?

Welcome! I too live in K ville and OC ALOT. Im not sure if you are aware of the laws, carry into a places that serves alcohol FOR CONSUMPTION is a no no, so please get familiar with the NC laws. I have never had an issue with LEOs.Feel free to ask away.

Tom79G

Welcome! I too live in K ville and OC ALOT. Im not sure if you are aware of the laws, carry into a places that serves alcohol FOR CONSUMPTION is a no no, so please get familiar with the NC laws. I have never had an issue with LEOs.Feel free to ask away.

Im fairly good on the OC laws but I do have a question. I'm not sure if I can carry while out on a camping trip in the mountains or something. I've heard of poeple taking their rifles with them for mountain hiking trips but can I OC a sidearm during trips like that?

moonie

I know for a fact that you can't currently carry at Don Juan's because they serve alcohol, I go every Friday. Gun stays in the car but I do keep my holster on, sort of my own little protest.

bassgunner

Im fairly good on the OC laws but I do have a question. I'm not sure if I can carry while out on a camping trip in the mountains or something. I've heard of poeple taking their rifles with them for mountain hiking trips but can I OC a sidearm during trips like that?

HB650 that went into effect Dec 2011 allows for the open carry (and cc as well if you have the permit) of handguns on state gamelands year round. A federal law revision allows for the carry in national parks as well. National forests (Uwharrie near me) typically follow the laws of the state they are located in. When I called the ranger district station they were under the impression that state gamelands laws still only allowed for .22lr carry in the "off season." While it is now legal to carry any firearm that you are otherwise legal to carry, realize that some rangers may not be up to date on the current regs and don't be foolish when discussing your point with them. A calm cool head, and a copy of the regs, can go a lot further.

seaweaver1

carry into a places that serves alcohol FOR CONSUMPTION is a no no,

unless you have permission.

You can read, I can read...it aint factoring polynomials...
§ 14‑269.3. Carrying weapons into assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry any gun, rifle, or pistol into any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission thereto, or into any establishment in which alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

(b) This section shall not apply to the following:

(1) A person exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14‑269;

(2) The owner or lessee of the premises or business establishment;

(3) A person participating in the event, if he is carrying a gun, rifle, or pistol with the permission of the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event; and

(4) A person registered or hired as a security guard by the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event. (1977, c. 1016, s. 1; 1981, c. 412, s. 4, c. 747, s. 66; 1993, c. 539, s. 165; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

Dinner is an event I hate to miss.
Power to the Proprietor to issue. just drink tea.

cw

Last edited: