• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question About Open Carry

Big Daddy XD

Sorry if this has been covered but I can't find it anywhere. Is it legal to open carry with an IWB holster? Say a tucked in shirt and jeans with a IWB holster not covered. Thanks in advance for your help.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Don't mind him ^^.

The search function on OCDO has been described, in the kindest terms, as "wonky". It's worth the effort to lrearn how to use SEARCH and ADVANCED SEARCH.

OBTW - welcome to OCDO.

stay safe.

09jisaac

self preservation

How did you do that in five min? I usually go page to page looking for anything.

I should add links to the discussions to the Kentucky Gun Law thread.

Alright. I admit it. It really took me 6 minutes. I didn't read each and every thread. I just looked through them real fast and picked out three that caught my eye.

Big Daddy XD

Big Daddy XD

Don't mind him ^^.

The search function on OCDO has been described, in the kindest terms, as "wonky". It's worth the effort to lrearn how to use SEARCH and ADVANCED SEARCH.

OBTW - welcome to OCDO.

stay safe.

Its ok I'm use to grumpy. Lol!! Sorry couldn't help myself. Yea I need to practice with that search function. Thanks for the welcome.

Big Daddy XD

Welcome! I noticed we are both from Ashland. How long have you been carrying?

Been carrying for several years now. Although I must admit usually concealed. I lived in Huntington for a few years and had my ccdw. Moved away and let it expire. Moved back here about year ago and just took my class couple weeks ago. I hate not being armed in todays world so I've been open carrying a lot. I haven't ran into any trouble yet. Seems most folks here in Ashland are pretty chill about it. From reading some of the posts here I guess you haven't been so lucky.

self preservation

Its ok I'm use to grumpy. Lol!! Sorry couldn't help myself. Yea I need to practice with that search function. Thanks for the welcome.

I was just giving you a hard time. But welcome to the forum. Honestly, I knew what I was looking for because I had read these threads already. So I had an advantage over you. I hope you stick around with us.

Big Daddy XD

I was just giving you a hard time. But welcome to the forum. Honestly, I knew what I was looking for because I had read these threads already. So I had an advantage over you. I hope you stick around with us.

Its all good. Trust me I've got way thicker skin than that. Lol! Its always weird coming into a new forum group and not knowing how to use everything or what has been discussed in the past. Seems like you guys know your s*** here though. I've learned a lot already just trying to catch up on what has already been said.

self preservation

Its all good. Trust me I've got way thicker skin than that. Lol! Its always weird coming into a new forum group and not knowing how to use everything or what has been discussed in the past. Seems like you guys know your s*** here though. I've learned a lot already just trying to catch up on what has already been said.

These guys rode me like a old mule when I first came here. But they are a good bunch of guys. We all are still learning everyday. I hope you do the same. Don't worry to much about how to navigate around. You will get the hang of it soon.

09jisaac

Just don't take anything personally, that is the only problem with some people on this site.

Gutshot will seem like an a** until you meet him. He is a very friendly man though. Fights for our rights every chance he gets.

Also, don't complain about his font size, his eyes apparently aren't too good. Seems like every newbie has to complain about it.

You won't get hassled much in Ashland, seems like they know the law. I am from Louisa, where they don't seem to know the law.

Big Daddy XD

Just don't take anything personally, that is the only problem with some people on this site.

Gutshot will seem like an a** until you meet him. He is a very friendly man though. Fights for our rights every chance he gets.

Also, don't complain about his font size, his eyes apparently aren't too good. Seems like every newbie has to complain about it.

You won't get hassled much in Ashland, seems like they know the law. I am from Louisa, where they don't seem to know the law.

We all should get along great then. I dont really take anything personal unless you try to harm my family. Yea gutshot seems to come off a lil harsh but hey from what i've read hes earned that. Don't like to hear that about Louisa though. I'm headed to Stansville tomorrow for a private sale and will certainly be oc. Guess I better watch myself.

09jisaac

Gutshot will seem like an a**

WHAT? This is a personal attack and a violation of forum rules. I am reporting this immediately. I can assure you that gutshot is just as much of an "a**" after you have know him a while. I hope this has clarified that situation.

See? He seems loud on the forum (big font) but with all the traffic and other noise in Lexington it is hard to hear him.

I think he might be crazy though, you know he carries a gun? I straight up seen it, walking around Lexington with a six shooter like it was the wild west.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Been carrying for several years now. Although I must admit usually concealed. I lived in Huntington for a few years and had my ccdw. Moved away and let it expire. Moved back here about year ago and just took my class couple weeks ago. I hate not being armed in todays world so I've been open carrying a lot. I haven't ran into any trouble yet. Seems most folks here in Ashland are pretty chill about it. From reading some of the posts here I guess you haven't been so lucky.

I've never had any problems. I did have one little problem dealing with a corrupt county attorney that believed he was above the law and "threatened" to arrest me, but he backed off pretty quick. He is used to threatening people with arrest and them doing whatever he says, and that doesn't work with people like us. Other than that I've not had any issues carrying around the hometown.

You don't carry unloaded do you? I witnessed two guys at walmart the other day that were carrying unloaded and it just escapes me why anyone would want to do that when they do not have to.

Carry on and always! Hopefully we can get our monthly meetings started again and meet up some time soon. How about it Neuro?

Big Daddy XD

I've never had any problems. I did have one little problem dealing with a corrupt county attorney that believed he was above the law and "threatened" to arrest me, but he backed off pretty quick. He is used to threatening people with arrest and them doing whatever he says, and that doesn't work with people like us. Other than that I've not had any issues carrying around the hometown.

You don't carry unloaded do you? I witnessed two guys at walmart the other day that were carrying unloaded and it just escapes me why anyone would want to do that when they do not have to.

Carry on and always! Hopefully we can get our monthly meetings started again and meet up some time soon. How about it Neuro?

Love people who try to threaten their way through life.

Funny you should ask about unloaded carry. I was walking out of Kroger today and this guy says "nice pistol". I said thanks then he looked at me and said "is it fully loaded". I laughed and said I don't have much use for carrying a paper weight so yes its fully loaded. He just said ok and walked away. I found that kinda weird but entertaining.

FreeInAZ

Love people who try to threaten their way through life.

Funny you should ask about unloaded carry. I was walking out of Kroger today and this guy says "nice pistol". I said thanks then he looked at me and said "is it fully loaded". I laughed and said I don't have much use for carrying a paper weight so yes its fully loaded. He just said ok and walked away. I found that kinda weird but entertaining.

+1
:lol::lol::lol:

Orion_13

I have a Springfield XDM 9mm, is it OK to open carry with the paddle holster it came with? I have the retention screw set a tad on the tight side. Not so much that you have issues getting it out clean but enough that someone isn't going to walk up and just pull it out.

Orion