• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No carry at local bank...

wylde007

PS Did anyone ever get anything official from Wells Fargo on their policy? It seems like they are at least defacto pro-gun with a few Wachovia antigun holdouts like Mr. Roth; but something in writing from a V.P. or district manager would be nice.
It has been posted somewhere on here before, but the long and short of it is that Wells Fargo defers to state law on carry, as so they should.

Kotyaer

Sorry for not doing a follow-up, been busy between work, figuring out this homeowner crap, and hunting ammo unicorns.

I can get a pic of the door next time I make it over to Chincoteague or Onley, but no sense driving 45 mins to take a picture of a door of a building that I have no legal right, and no desire to enter.

I think it's amazing that out here in the "sticks" a local bank such as Shore Bank, would be so anti-guns.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Sorry for not doing a follow-up, been busy between work, figuring out this homeowner crap, and hunting ammo unicorns.

I can get a pic of the door next time I make it over to Chincoteague or Onley, but no sense driving 45 mins to take a picture of a door of a building that I have no legal right, and no desire to enter.

I think it's amazing that out here in the "sticks" a local bank such as Shore Bank, would be so anti-guns.

Are you in Accomac?

HearseGuy

I can get a pic of the one in Cape Charles if you'd like. If I remember, its pretty small and says something to the effect of "for your protection, no backpacks, no firearms, and remove hoods before entering". I'll probly be in Onley later this week too.

Kotyaer its very strange, but almost everywhere I go on the shore I get some kind of comment or funny look. Nothing negative, but something anyway. I'm in VB all the time and have only had one comment. And that was to ask "how ya like that Glock"? I will would have expected the exact opposite.

Kotyaer

Necrothread...

Made it down to Onley today, remembered to grab a picture.

2013-04-10 14.33.25.jpg

On the topic of banking... Wolf & Hearse...

Either of you know lenders on the shore that would do construction loans? We're dealing with Shore, but they're being... difficult.